VA Arlington Marriott Key Bridge

homeschoolmom
By homeschoolmom,
in

We stayed here 2/05-2/17-05. Tried to get a king room here, but room was too small to fit even one rollaway. The double rooms are much larger, so that is where we ended up. At check-in, they arranged for milk and cookies for my children-- a very nice treat for them. Stayed in the older section of the hotel (only 4 floors I think-- newer towers have 14 or so floors). Ceiling quite low, esp. at room's entrance, if over 6'5", you might have to duck! Small, open closet and back door leads out to balcony that is shared with many neighbors. View of dumpster, also Georgetown. Handicapped bathroom (should have asked for regular one, since it was such a long stay-- ah, hindsight). Malfunctioning thermostat (heat would not turn off) was fixed very quickly, even on a late Sat. night. Room was recently renovated in predominately navy blue and yellow. Both materials and craftsmanship were superior to the Hyatt. Room was very clean. Parking was $12 weekdays and free on weekends.

We were trapped in one of the older elevators toward the back of the hotel-- near the garage-- for about 10-15 minutes, felt like much longer-- my youngest, a survivor of Disney's Tower of Terror, just about lost it. We got an apology from the maintenance people who let us out. If this is a phobia of yours, I would recommend that you use the newer elevators in the lobby.

Large lobby with room for many small groups of people. 3 eateries (bar food, moderate-- hamburger, salad, type, and an expensive steakhouse on the top floor-- quite a view). Coin-op laundry on 1st floor. Very nice, heated indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub with lifeguard. They give out goggles and pool noodles, too. Fitness equipment in room next to pool and also downstairs, underneath pool area. Many treadmills and bikes; TVs everywhere (individual ones on some equipment, with headphones); also free weights and showers/bathrooms. They sell memberships to locals.

Rosslyn Metro is 4 blocks away. See my other review for VA Arlington Hyatt for info on area restaurants and stores. Do not depend on Georgetown Connection shuttle to get you to the Metro and back. It ran very infrequently, and doesn't run from Metro to the Marriott (when it would be most reasonable-- $0.35 with a transfer receipt from the Metro station). We took it once: disembarked Metro in G'town/Foggy Bottom, pd. $0.35 to ride to Sweet's Ice Cream, then paid $1 to ride back to Marriott, which wouldn't have been too bad except that we had to transfer between shuttle routes-- wait 15 minutes, then ride 4 blocks, wait another 15 minutes, then ride across Key Bridge... too inconvenient.

Overall, the pool/hot tub was the high point of this hotel, and the beds, although full-size, were much more comfortable than the Arl. Hyatt. The downside is the added distance to the Metro, although in a party without little kids and with milder weather, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]