Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland Garden Grove) Sheraton Anaheim

onecheapskate808
By onecheapskate808,
in

Hi,

We are looking to stay in the Disneyland-Garden Grove area during the following dates: October 6-9, 2010 and will need two rooms. We have tried unsuccessfully so far with bidding through priceline. We started at 37 and for the past week, we have used our rebid zones, as learned through your website. We have gone up as high as $65/night, all unsuccessful. We are looking for any 3.5* hotels in the Garden Grove area. Our budget is around $80 max. We are wondering if we need to drop down to a 3* for these dates. It looks like there might be a convention in town since others in June/July/Auguest have been successful with $45 bids.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I would be patient with this one since your stay is still a few months out. However, note that part of your stay occurs over the Holiday Weekend (Columbus Day) which may bring a few more families out to the area for a mini-vacation within a few hours driving distance, and that could increase demand more than usual for these dates.

You may want to book a cancellable back-up i the meantime, which will also give you peace of mind while you continue to bid and hope for lower prices. See our support page for links to many of the major htoel chains and online booking agencies.

Keep us updated as to your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wanted to give you all an update, used betterbidding PRICELINE link:

After trying again, I got the Sheraton Garden Grove for $63/night on Oct 6-9, 2010. I also used my PRICELINE bonus cash of $30, so it was actually $68 per night, but I only paid $63 (saved $5 per night for the two rooms). :)

Thanks thereuare for telling me about Columbus day weekend. I wasn't aware of that.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night):$63.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms:2

Number of Nights:3

Room Subtotal:$378.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees:$62.52 (USD)

Total Room Cost:$440.52 (USD)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]