Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

kgclark75
By kgclark75,
in

Bidding for my mom in Vegas for Thurs-Mon 3/3-3/7. She would prefer to be directly on the strip rather than in the Westin because she's travelling alone. Since Hotwire's rate for the Alladdin ($117) for these dates is substantially lower than their rate for the Westin ($141), do I have a better shot than normal of getting the Alladdin over the Westin using Priceline?

Hi there,

I have been trying to bid the 3/3-3/6 dates with no luck...but I have only been bidding 5* to 125.

Anyway I booked a back-up with Quikbook .com (administer may want to use her link) at the Trop for about $100 per night. This deal is also available for your dates in a garden room. I got me reservation a couple weeks ago and we got the the Island tower for that rate. For you dates the total for Island tower is $441. There is a $10 fee if you cancel 72? hours before you go...but then you could still bid if you wanted too.

Also the Monte Carlo has rooms on their website for about $129 per night with tax so that is another option, but they require a deposit.

Last year, my husband and I went to Vegas and stayed at the Trop. We did most of our gambling there. By the way, we are not big spenders. I think $300 total. Anyway they comped one night of our stay, free show tickets, free tshirts, free cards, 2 for 1 burgers and a cash comp for $10.00 They also offered us some free and discounted rooms in Nov., Dec. and Jan.

Let us know how it goes.

This is going to be very tough to get a bid accepted on Priceline at a reasonable rate due to the Thursday to Monday stay... i would think your best bet is to either split this bid (but you'll have to change hotels twice since the Friday and Saturday nites are the more expensive) or go with HOTWIRE.

For an extra $25/nite i would take the Aladdin over the Excalibur, but i don't know how tight her budget is.

Let us know what you/she ultimately decide to do and if we can be of further help. If you choose to go thru Hotwire please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase.

PS- also note that the Aladdin's pool is likely going to be closed for renovations, don't know if that would affect your mom's decision

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did you try booking the nite of the 6th on its own OR are you concerned about having to stay in 3 different hotels? If you bid this with the other two nites, i think you will almost certainly overpay for the Sunday nite.

Please start a new thread for the balance of your stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, I haven't tried bidding for just the 6th because I don't want my mom to have to switch hotels twice. Plus, I think it's doubtful that I'd be able to beat Excalibur's rate (for a 3*) even if I did split the remaining days.

Are you positive that Priceline doesn't average the rates for days with different rates like Hotwire does? The reason I ask is that when I bid for Thurs and Friday (5*), I was offered a counter-offer of $160. Then, when I bid for Friday alone, I was offered a counteroffer of $230. If they do average the rates, then splitting the bid would increase the total cost because of additional Priceline fees.

Rules and systems constantly change, but not averaging nites is how i understand it to be and we have seen evidence of such in the past, so that is the basis i will go on until proven otherwise.

The Venetian may also be a bad example to use as this property seems to have started to adjust nightly prices based upon the number of nites (and this can be incorporated into Priceline's rate system). If you go to the Venetians website and search for your:

Thursday and Friday: $209/nite (note: per nite, not the average rate, but the rate is $209 each nite)

Friday alone: $259/nite

The above rates for 2 nites vs. 1 nite is consistent with the counter-offers you received.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]