Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

MDTyKe
By MDTyKe,
in

Looking for something 3.5-4* in NYC.. as the <3* Hotels in NYC seem absolute mice-ridden dumps!

I guess I could go up to $120/night before tax is applied.. Let's say I got something at $120/night before taxes.. inc taxes, NYC occupancy charge ($2/night) and this Priceline charge.. how much would I expect to pay? And what hotels would I be likely to get into... looking somewhere Midtown

well lots of people are getting them for next to nothing. I'd even be willing to try out a 3*.. just not the things agencies have been offering me with rats...total nightmare.

Anyway I need a bit of help. Let's say I start bidding.. do I HAVE to keep going on until I win something crap... or can I cancel it and how much does it cost to do that (bid, and in the end cancel/fail them since you got all rejections).

Thanks

Matt

well lots of people are getting them for next to nothing

But these wins are not currently being reported for dates late June/early July.... likewise, they're not for a continuous 14 nite stay.

It costs nothing to bid and you can stop whenever you want, but once your bid is accepted, it is non-cancellable, non-changable, etc.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Priceline does not offer 3.5* rated hotels... do you mean 3* and higher or only 4* hotels?

Part of the difficulty, besides price, is the lenght of your stay, as you need to find a hotel that not only is offering low priceline rates, but one that is offering low rates for each and every nite of your 14 nite stay, as explained in Should I Split My Priceline Bid?

Rates are likely to change between now and then, but try to take the hotel's viewpoint... i'd imagine that they expect the hotel to have increased occupancy during the July 4th holiday, so why would they offer deeply discounted rooms to the opaque services 5 months ahead of time, when they can holdback those rooms and try to sell them themselves at much higher prices. If reserveed occupancy levels come in lower than projected, then they can always released low priced inventory to the opaque services at that time, but i'd think they're not feeling any pressure to do so 5 months ahead of time. However, given that the holiday will likely result than higher than normal occupancy levels, there is a chance that the hotels may not have to release any deelply discounted inventory to the opaque services (or pull whatever inventory they have already offered).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hoboken - Jersey City

Hotel

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

At least one restaurant is located on the premises. Restaurant hours may vary.

Pool(s)

Property features at least one pool area. (Note: This amenity offering may be seasonal. Please check hours/availability directly with the property.)

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment/services.

If you look at the HOTWIRE HOTEL LISTS for NJ you'll see that this is a match for the Jersey City Hyatt (a great hotel, btw)

Usually goes for a bit less on Priceline, but if this is for your 2 week stay this summer i don't know if you'll be successful bidding it on Priceline.

If you go with Hotwire please use THIS LINK to begin for your purchase.

We haven't see the name of the hotel either :)

I live very close to this hotel and i would be very surprised if it wasn't the Hyatt... but we can't (won't) make any guarantees.

I would put the risk at very small, but somebody has to be the first to report a change in 'the norm'.

If you see it on a search then it is available 99.9% of the time... the .1% occurs when there are only a limited number of rooms available (or only one) and somebody else, who is searching around the same time as you, purchases the last available room(s).

HOTWIRE

Thanks so much to everyone on this board.. otherwise I'd be staying in some poky smelly hole in NY for this price! Worked out at just over $1000 for TWO WEEKS at this hotel - just gotta ring up and try and get two double beds rather than king now - sorted! We booked the trip protection ($44) just in case we didn't get it.. then using GIFTCARD06 we got an extra $50 off, so it worked out even cheaper!

Hyatt Regency on the Hudson / 3.5* - 24 Jun 05 - 8 Jul 05

Thanks so much guys!!

Matt

Nice job on your win and extended stay.

As an FYI, the trip insurance doesn't cover you not liking the hotel you received, but perhaps you're a doctor and can write yourself a note or something of that nature.

This hotel is pretty good about accomodating users bed-type requests.

Enjoy your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright.. correct me and help me out here please guys!! :)

[Going from JFK to Hyatt Jersey]

1. Get Airtrain to Jamaica or Sutphin Blvd

2. Get the E-line to WTC

3. Get the PATH from WTC to Exchange Pl

Question: Is the subway station where the Eline comes in at the same place the PATH goes out to Jersey

---------------

[Getting from Hyatt Jersey to NYC]

1. Get the PATH to the WTC

2. --- How do I get to Times Sq, or to the main subway lines to take me around Manhattan from the WTC station

Thanks! :)

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Im sorting out ways to get from JFK to the Hyatt in NJ.. though I'm posting this in the NYC forum since it's regarding the NYC subway.

Route 1 I've come up with is:

- Airtrain to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave/JFK Airport Subway Station

- Take E Subway to WTC site

- Get the PATH train at the WTC to Exchange Place

Now, this is another route I seen:

- Get the Airtrain to Howard Beach Subway Station

- From Howard Beach Subway Station get the A Subway to Chambers St/Church St

- Get from WTC to Exchange place

Now the question is.. I see the PATH station is also at this Church St, but does the A subway go near the PATH? Or is the safest bet to take the E Subway to the WTC site, and then get the PATH also (i believe i can walk to it underground) from this same station to Exchange Place?

Matt

As someone who's done both, I prefer the E Train from Jamaica. It has far fewer stops prior to reaching Manhattan. Also, the E / WTC stop is much closer to PATH than A / Park Place is.

Have a fun trip. The JC Hyatt is a wonderful hotel, and the views of Manhattan are breathtaking, especially at night.

I think I will.. just hope my expectations aren't too high now! Got my Hyatt Gold Passport card in the mail today too!

But yea, I had thought the Jamaica one might be best.. though it's the stop before Jamaica i can get; as the airtrain only goes here right?

Just hope it's safe for 2 people + 3 suitcases on the subway!

Matt

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]