Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MSG-Convention) Wyndham Garden Midtown Times Square South

kess45
By kess45,
in

Going to NYC for two days, June 29 - July 1. Will be attending a function at the Penn Plaza (7th ave & 31 st -> MSG according to PriceLine). My budget is about $150 w/o tax, could go to $175. Is that realistic for 3* hotel at this time - not sure how much demand is in the summer months. My dates are not flexible.

Any bidding strategies? I prefer a place where I could walk (so something safe). I also would not mind a boutique hotel - do they show up on priceline?

Preferred areas would be

MSG, TS, MTW

Then

ESB (is that a nice area?)

MTE

Chelsea

Not sure about CPS - is it worth checking out? I don't mind taking the subway if it's a nice area to be at.

At this time, Hotwire has

CPS:

2.5 stars

$134

B (distinctive); non-smoking, free breakfast - what could that be?

Chelsea - MSG

3.5 stars

$185

(gym, internet, restaurant)

ESB:

3 stars

$159

(internet, restaurant)

To confirm... do you want to bid the MSG, TS, MTW zones first up to your $150 limit before trying the other (secondary) zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

All of the 6 zones + CPS should be fine. I already bid up the 4 star ones (except Hell's Kitchen & UWS) to $171 w/ no luck. Expedia listing many midtown hotels at $200+ so I am probably being too optimistic re 4 star hotels in my price range.

Success (I hope)

Got Wyndham Garden Hotel - Times Square South - 3 stars - for $146 (w/o tax)

I felt I was getting close on the 4 star ones as I got a counter offer to my bid of $176 to 'rebid w/$35 more' - so it was probably near $190-200 for a successful bid on a 4-star hotel. But I decided not to push my luck and moved down to 3.5 & 3.

Got a counteroffer for 3 star when I was at $136 to bid '$25 more', so decided just to go w/ $10 & got Wyndham in MSG area.

Of course it would be nice to stay in a 4 star hotel in NYC, but this location worked out fine since it's only a few blocks away from Penn Plaza.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and didn't 'chase' the 4* hotel too far. At the 3* level you probably couldn't have had much of a better outcome as this property is very well reviewed.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for updating the post. Yes, Wyndham looks like a nice hotel - new property, free wi-fi, non-smoking rooms only - score!

I was a bit bummed having seen 4 star wins in the win calendar for $150 & 159 for the same dates. But prices must have gone up quite a bit since those folks bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]