rc408
By rc408,
in

Bid on a 3* and was upgraded to a 3.5*

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $65.00

Subtotal: $65.00

Taxes & Fees: $15.83

Total Charges*: $80.83

Priceline may have changed the guidelines for same day bids because this was placed at about 6:03pm the day of arrival. The cutoff used to be 6pm local time.

I could have saved $10 (after taxes and fee's) if I had booked the hotel directly or with another website. I was trying to beat the deadline and didn't have time to research room rates that day (I had checked the day before and they were higher).

RANT: Read only if you want to.

I contacted Priceline about getting a refund for the $3 I paid over the base rate by using Priceline. I was told that requests must come in 24 hours before the stay. I sent an email to the corporate offices and received the same reply. I've heard nothing but negative reviews of Pricelines customer service and I have to agree that they need better training in customer relations. In my email I stated I was a long term user of Priceline (Over 15 years, back when we could bid on gas) and that I truly loved their service. Their response to me (not a form letter) was the company policy of 24 hour notice for changes. Period. End of response.

Maybe I am looking for something I shouldn't but I had at least hoped for a "Thank you for being a loyal Priceline user, sorry but we have to follow policy." Something to say they appreciated my business though they couldn't help me. Their response made me feel like they couldn't give a rat's a** whether i continued to use them or not. Very dissapointing. :)

FYI, for future bidding, the cut-off time for same day bidding is 11pm EST (NOTE: it's eastern standard time regardless of where you're bidding from or the location you're bidding for).... HOTWIRE allows same day purchases up to 11pm local time to the location of the hotel you're purchasing (a subtle but important difference, especially when bidding for west coast locations)

And know that we appreciate you being a loyal user of the board :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]