Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Wailea-Makena) Makena Beach and Golf Resort

sabrina1226
By sabrina1226,
in

I'm confused.... Did you use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE? You said "the resort is golf and pretty old"- I take this to mean that you used hotwire and it showed the amenities "resort" and "golf" to you? What other amenities were listed? What area of Maui? what star level? Did you accept the price? If you agreed to purchase it, you cannot change your mind. Please help us help you by giving us more information- what area of Maui do you want to stay in? Ka'anapali? Wailea? somewhere else? what do you want to spend per night? What is important to you?

Same for waikiki... if you use HOTWIRE you can post the amenties shown and we can help you figure out what you are looking at. If you use PRICELINE, it is a completely blind bid and you may or may not end up with the hyatt.

Thanks for replying.

Sorry, I didn't tell that clearly. I used PRICELINE to bid it last night. First time I put @ $175, area A : Ka'anapnli-Lahaina, area B: Weilea. Level is Resort. I got a 4 * Makena Beach ang golf Resort. After I knew the resort name, I check the website, it is older. Actually I was looking for Wailea Marriott Resort , Sheraten or Westin Maui resort(those two are in Ka'anapnli-Lahaina area). I would like to spend under $200/per night on any of them. I hope can get reasonable price on a comfortable resort. It is the first trip with my fiance,so I hope we can have very nice memorial in Hawaii.

For Waikiki,

1. I never used HOTWIRE before, what is the difference with PRICELINE?

2. I will point out two or three hotel I am interested in like:

Hilton Hawaiian Village ,Hyatt Regency,Marriott Waikiki Beach And Spa,most 4*hotel or resort in Waikiki area. Could you please give me some suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE have some similiarities and some differences. For HOTWIRE, they give you a clue as to what you are getting (ie: what amenties are being offered) but for PRICELINE, it is a completely blind bid. For this reason, frequently I find that you can get a better deal on priceline then hotwire. If you are more specific about what hotel you want to stay in, you may want to use hotwire as the experts on this site will be able to narrow down what you are getting using the amenties offered for that hotel on HOTWIRE. Choosing which to use will be based on personal preference in how you will choose a hotel and how picky you will be. You should read the help sections of priceline and hotwire to get a better idea of how they work and read the general instruction threads on this site for more information how they work.

If I am understanding you correctly, your bid of $175 for a resort level hotel in Ka'anapali or Wailea was accepted at PRICELINE? And you got the Makena Beach and Golf Resort? If so, then your bid is non-refundable and you cannot now change to another hotel. If I am not understanding you correctly, then please let me know.

As far as Waikki, it sounds like you will like any of the resort level hotels that PRICELINE offers in the waikiki beach area. Using your dates of travel, look at the threads on this site and see what other people have gotten their hotels for during your vacation days so you will have a better idea of what to bid. Of course you could still end up getting a hotel not previously reported (but this is unlikely). The experts on this site will chime in (i'm sure) to give you a better explanation of how to proceed. :-)

Hi,

If I am understanding you correctly, your bid of $175 for a resort level hotel in Ka'anapali or Wailea was accepted at priceline? And you got the Makena Beach and Golf Resort?

Answer: Yes, it is.

The resort I got in maui is not in list also. I check Maui bidding report recently, that resort is not show up anywhere. I guess I was unlucky last night. (Is it unusual ?)

I will work on Waikki resort booking, I just want to a resort or >4* hotel ( hope really worth 4* ). I am not sure if I can still try pric.eline again.Loss confident!

Sabrina,

Are you looking at the right hotel list? Look here:

Priceline Hotel List

The Makena is listed as an option. Plus, you also have to remember that you can get a hotel not on the list too. That is always a possibility.

If you bid on a resort level hotel on waikiki beach, you could get the marriott, hyatt, outrigger, or sheraton waikiki. These have been reported on this site. BUT you could get something else not listed. This is a risk you take.

I looked and I think you should be able to get a resort level hotel in the ballpark of $105-$120 for the dates you mentioned. BUT remember, you could get any of the hotels I listed above or maybe even something not on the list. (I think the Hilton may also be a possibility) You could try bidding $98 for a resort level hotel on waikiki beach and see how it goes?

Do you know how to rebid in the same day adding different hotel zones? Are you familiar with this process?

Maybe some of the experts can chime in and give you some advice

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with the results of your Maui purchase, but thank you for sharing your purchase with the board.

As this thread now reflects the details of your Maui win, can you please start a NEW TOPIC for the Oahu Waikiki leg of your stay and we'll be more than happy to help and continue this discussion there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]