Priceline Hotel: Albany

burnsie1983
By burnsie1983,
in

I'm trying to book a hotel for my brother and sister for the night of June 26th, have been bidding for about 3 weeks with no success. Does anyone know if there is a major event in Albany that weekend? I was hoping to get them a room for around $60 + taxes and fees, but am thinking I may have to up my bidding strategy. Would prefer to stay out of the downtown area to avoid additional parking fees. Everytime I check I use the Priceline link on the site.

Rates are a little higher than usual, but not terrible, and i supsect you're not too far away from a successful bid. What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels? Would another $10-$15 still be a 'deal'?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've never been able to get a reasonably priced hotel in downtown Albany via Priceline.

I ended up at an Airport hotel several years ago because my business was at the western part of the area. The hotel was ok but overpriced for what one received. For the times I was attending concerts, I camped at a very nice State Park about half an hour from downtown. Last year, I attended an AC/DC concert at the Pepsi Arena, and stayed at the Morgan Statehouse ,(http://www.statehouse.com/) which has two or three different buildings. Breakfast is included, and with the 10 percent discount , was very competitive with downtown hotels. Great views, too

I could walk to the arena and went through some neat neighborhoods. Parking is on the street but free. I'd stay downtown any day instead of the airport area.

HTH

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]