Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Marriott Copley Place

tjlamphere
By tjlamphere,
in

It appears that most bidders that specify a 3.5* Boston Back Bay hotel are getting the Sheraton. Any way to bid that would get me the Marriott Copley Place? The Westin Copley Place would also be good, but that is a 4*. I would like to get one of those two, but don't know what strategy to employ. Never bid on lodging before, so I am a real novice. Any assistance is greatly appreciated !!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When using PRICELINE you can't bid on a specific hotel... you need to be willing ot accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you designate. Not being able to pick and choose is the trade-off for a deeply discounted price :)

If there are hotesl in the area you're trying to target, or avoid, HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can take an educated guess as to the hotel you may receive based upon the amenities shown before your purchase.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed, and please include the dates of your stay and expected budget per nite (before fees and taxes) and we'll adivise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

I am now targeting the Hilton Financial...I saw someone got a good price on it...I bid, but my bid was rejected. I understand I have to wait 24 hours to bid again, unless I change a criteria. Now, I am bidding on a 4* hotel, so if I find a zone that has no 4* hotels in it, I could add that zone and up my price, knowing that I won't get a hotel in that zone as they have no 4* hotels in that zone, correct? Worse case scenario is that a 4* hotel has been added to that zone, but the hotel listing does not reflect that, and I get a hotel I don't want. Is the posted list accurate? I think that would be my best strategy, other than waiting 24 hours and upping my price until I hit my max.

Any recommendations?????

tjlamphere,

Is the posted list accurate?
You should not use the hotel list to determine your free zones. (see the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.

Please read this link: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained for the proper way to determine your re-bid zones. Feel free (strongly encouraged) to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding, or ask questions if you're confused by this previous link.

I would recommend that you took some time to read boards FAQ etc.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I am trying to book the Hilton Financial, but would accept any 4* in the zone I am targeting. I originally bid $ 100 and was rejected and then I rebid 4 separate times, adding different zones without 4* hotels each time...increased my bid by $ 10 each time, up to a bid of $ 140...still not accepted.

Weekend of June 18 - 20. Do you recommend that I keep trying a few times a week? Is there a chance that a bid not accepted one week will be accepted the following week or two later, as I get closer to the date?

Any other rebid strategies ??? I am thinking I may have to forget the Hilton and drop back to a 3.5* in order to get a room for those 2 days.

"Opaque rates" could come down between now and your stay... or they could go even higher. It's all based upon supply/demand and how much time is left to fill an unsold room (or how few rooms are left and how many people the hotel things will want them).

HOTWIRE has what is currently believed to be the Inter-Continental or the Langham (both have the same amenities so can't differentiate between the two) for $143/nite... would this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You should consider the Boston Harbor zone in your bidding plans. It runs right along the Quincy Market zone and includes the Intercontinental Hotel which gets good reviews. If HOTWIRE has the Intercontinental at $145 then PRICELINE may have it near your target rate.

Also, if you are flying into Logan you can use the airport water taxi to get directly to some of the hotels in this zone without having to hassle with a taxi or the T. I have taken it several times and its like a free harbor tour.

You can get some additional free rebids by starting with both these zones and then adding the zones with less than 4* or 3 1/2* availability.

Including the Recovery Fee, is the Hotwire price all inclusive? Any additional hotel fees added? Occupancy Tax? Sales Tax?

I understand there would be charges for phone usage, valet parking, etc. But what about the other fees/taxes that hotels (especially in large cities) usually charge? Are those all included in the Hotwire Price, including the Recovery Fee?

I saw a $ 139 price on Hotline for a Boston Hotel, and I guessing it is the Intercontinental...I had wanted the Hilton Financial District, but my bid of $ 140 was repeatedly rejected, so if I can get a 4 1/2* for $ 130 + fees, not too bad.

(Stay is 6/16 - 6/20)

• 2 weeks later...

:) I have been looking to book a two night stay in Boston (Copley or Financial District) for 6/18 - 20. I almost booked a Hotwire hotel (4 1/2 *) on 5/24 for $ 139, but thought I'd wait for a better price....now that same 4 1/2* in the Financial District is at $ 155. Is it common that, as the stay date gets closer, prices continue to escalate? I hestitate to book today, as I am hoping a "deal" might pop up in the next 10 days...but I don't want to wait and watch the price continue to climb.

Any input on strategy here? I am looking to pay anything under $ 140 at this point.

Nobody can predict whether prices will come down, or continue to go up, between now and your stay... it's all a function of supply vs. demand (how new reservations and cancellations of existing reservations come in relative to expectations). See the related 'bid early or late' in our PRICELINE FAQ for more info.

I haven't re-read this entire thread, but have you tried bidding on PRICELINE at all, as that is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your searches and purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you saw some nice savings on this stay and that you're happy with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the hotel you received so we can add this information to the topic title and complete this thread.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]