Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5* Detroit Metro DTW

bobcook54
By bobcook54,
in

06/20-06/22 2 nights. $63.00 per night plus taxes and fees.Amenities:

Shuttle

Fitness,pool,restaurant,business center,laundry,high speed internet,golf nearby,kitchenette

95% recommended

The only 3.5* listed on this board's hotel list are the Embassy Suites and the Hilton Suites(which doesn't exist anymore). However, the Hilton Garden Inn which is not listed in the hotel list meets this description as does the Courtyard by Marriott.The Courtyard is also not listed on the hotel list.The person I spoke to at the Garden Inn's front desk said that the Hilton Suites is now the Embassy Suites. According to Tripadvisor,the Embassy has a 69% recommended,the Courtyard 90%,and the Garden Inn 71%.The lastest ratings on Tripadvisor has the Embassy and Courtyard at 4 out of 5 and the Hilton at 3.5 out of 5. I'm leaning towards the Courtyard simply because of the 90% recommended. What do you think?

Best guess for this property is the Embassy Suites.

I don't believe the Courtyard rooms offer a kitchenette and the Hilton Garden Inn doesn't have the same Tripadvisor rating as shown by HOTWIRE for this property. Meanwhile, the Embassy Suites has previously been reported wtih all of the info above, so that would be my best guess for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help..

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you are right about this being the Embassy. When I put in one night,06/21,checking out the 22nd with 2 adults,I get a transparency from hotel.com with the exact same amenities $130.00 and it is the Embassy. When staying 2 nights 06/20 to 06/22,2 adults, I get 3.5* ,exact same ameneties,and $63.00 per night.Not sure why you would need to stay 2 nights to get the $63.00 rate. Also,according to the ameneties,a kitchenette is defined as:

Accommodations include a stovetop or microwave oven, a sink and a mini-refrigerator.

The Courtyard has the microwave(no stovetop) and the mini refrigerator,but no sinks(other than the bathroom!) in their rooms.

I've decided to use some of my Marriott Points and stay at no charge for 06/21 for one night. The person at the front desk said that I could purchase the 8 day parking package for $50.00 upon arrival. Thanks once again for your help and I'll advise if I change my mind as I can cancel my room if something better comes along here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]