Priceline Hotel: Chance to re-bid at $15 higher

cheaptravler
By cheaptravler,
in

This is what we refer to as a counter-offer and is explained in this Priceline Suggests Price to Pay thread.

Did you ultimately win a hotel? (if so please share your win in a reply to this thread) If not, let us know the details of your stay (dates, star rating, bid amount, zones, etc) and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still in the midst of bidding. I will keep you posted.

'just to confirm that I'm not misunderstanding--If you want a 4* or better in Chicago NMA/River North you get 5 bid+rebid chances per day. If you want a 3.5* or better in Chicago NMA/River North you get 4 bid+rebid chances per day. Correct?

What is the optimum incremental increase amount? Is it always $1? Is anything less than $5 usually a waste of bid?

Thanks.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have THREE (not four) re-bid zones.

You can acutally parlay these re-bids into many more bids than just 5 or 3 per bidding session by using different combinations. How much you increase between bids depends upon how much you value your time vs. savings an extra $1 or $2... depending upon the price of the hotel and if i've already received a counter-offer, i usually increase my bids by $3-$5.

When you received the counter-offer, what star level, bid price and zones were you bidding?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]