Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Airport West YYZ) Sheraton Gateway

charlestonemt
By charlestonemt,
in

I will be arriving in Toronto on a late flight on August 5th, and am trying to book a room at the Sheraton Gateway attached to the airport for that night only. Rates directly through Sheraton just jumped from $89 to over $200/night for a room...should have booked it when I saw it. Actually, I noticed that rates for hotels across the board increased around that time. Anyone have any idea why?

I noticed the Priceline hotel list states that as of the last booking, it was (incorrectly) placed in the "Airport West" section. It is the only 4* listed in that category. Can anyone tell me when that booking occurred? I would think if it wasn't too long ago and it's the only one in that category, I would stand a pretty good chance of getting it if the bid is right. I realize that there can always be new additions that haven't been identified, so there's no guarantee.

Thanks for any help, and I'll be sure to use the links on this site if I book Priceline or Hotwire.

Enter "Toronto Airport YYZ Sheraton Gateway" into the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board and you can see all reported wins for this property :)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding/purchases.

Good luck... let us know how you proceed and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help with the search.

I set my initial bid criteria to 4* in Airport West zone and started at $48. Rejected, so I added each zone w/o 4* (a total of 9) and increased my bid all the way to $85 with the last addition without any luck. Guess I'll wait the 72 hours and start again!

Thanks. I've been checking HOTWIRE as well. I'm not going to go much higher than I already have. I'm really trying to get the Sheraton Gateway, but I guess another hotel would be OK for the night. I would prefer to not even have to leave the airport since my flight is scheduled to land about midnight. Planning on spending 3 more nights in the city, and I will start looking for a room downtown for the additional dates soon.

After waiting 24 hours, I re-bid for 4* in Toronto Airport West zone ($85 starting bid), was rejected. Added a zone, Brappton (that doesn't have 4*) and raised the bid to $87 which was accepted. Sheraton Gateway Toronto Int'l. So, this hotel must still be categorized incorrectly.

A HUGE thank you to everyone on this site who has posted info on wins that helps everyone else. Rates on this hotel, even through discount sites, are over $200 now.

I'll create a separate post regarding the win.

Also, used the PRICELINE link to start the transaction, or course.

Set criteria for Toronto Airport West for 8/5/10 - 8/6/10 with an initial bid of $85. Bid was rejected, added Brampton zone (doesn't have 4*) and increased bid to $87 which was accepted. Taxes and fees = $19.56 for a total of $106.56.

As previously mentioned on this forum, geographically, this hotel should be in Toronto Airport East zone. If I'm correct, it's the only one that's been identified as 4* in the Airport West zone. I wanted this hotel, and took advantage of that.

Used the PRICELINE link on this site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]