Hotwire Hotel: which 4 star in Downtown Pittsburgh?

Deis
By Deis,
in

Hi,

I'm new to this so I apologize for asking a possibly obvious question. I'm trying to find a room for a weekend wedding in Pittsburgh. Ideally at the William Penn Omni where the reception will be, but 2nd best would be the Renaissance. (The Westin, the other 4 star option that I could get in Downtown, it seems, looks to be not so great -- and farther away.)

I see that sometimes the Renaissance is listed in a way that is identical to the Omni. But when a 4-star hotel in Downtown Pittsburgh shows up with these amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

am I right to figure this must be the Renaissance? And since no offer matches the Omni's list of amenities, they are just not offering anything? Is there a way to try to get it?

And with PRICELINE, it looks like there would be no way to tell if the 4 star in downtown Pitt is Omni, Renaissance, or Westin, right?

Also, what happens with HOTWIRE if you book a room, and after the first night decide to switch hotels?

Thanks! I am, of course, using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links from this site.

Welcome to BetterBidding :)

Please post your date(s) for the stay and we'll have a look at the offers above.

And with Priceline, it looks like there would be no way to tell if the 4 star in downtown Pitt is Omni, Renaissance, or Westin, right?
No, you need to be willing to stay at any 4* or higher in the zone you're bidding at.
Also, what happens with Hotwire if you book a room, and after the first night decide to switch hotels?
You're free to check out but you will not get any money back for the remaning part of your stay.

Thanx for using boards HOTWIRE link :)

Yellowdog.

Searching HOTWIRE for your dates i'm not seeing a 4* property with the amenities above... the 4* hotel i'm being offered in this zone does not have a Smoke Free icon. Are you still seeing the above on your own HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0chldren?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think you're seeing the Renaissance above... my best guess for this one is the Westin with a new Smoke Free icon since it was last reported to the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Doubletree would be closest hotel to William Penn, but not a 4*. The Westin is not far - I would say about a 10 minute, maybe 15 minute walk. This area of town between the William Penn and the Westin is primarily office buildings. Its normally safe to walk, but late at night - such as after a wedding reception - the streets will likely be quiet with very little pediastrian traffic. If you stay at the Westin, I would recommend taking a cab back to the Westin.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]