Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atlantic City-Cape May (Atlantic City) Sheraton

bignick33
By bignick33,
in

After a bid of $91, I received the following message that I thought I would share:

We Have A Great Deal For You!

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $91 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number ***-***-***-**. During our search we found a hotel room available for $199 per room, per night. If you are willing to accept this new price, you can get your hotel room right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

Act fast - Hotel inventory is constantly changing and these rooms are subject to availability. To accept this new price just review your offer details and follow the steps below.

I am used to getting the counter-bids, but usually they are for $20 or $30 more. This is for over $100 more, and more than twice the amount of the original bid! Of course, I am not accepting it, as I will continue to use re-bids. In the past, even on weekends in the summer (provided it's not late in the summer), I have been able to grab the 3.5* Sheraton for $100 or less. This hotel can be booked for $139 for this weekend via their website. It's interesting that the counter-offer would be so much higher; perhaps it is for a different hotel (it's my understanding that, every once in a while, a 3.5* other than the Sheraton will appear, although it's never happened to me), or perhaps it is for an upgrade to a 4*. Either way, no thanks.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Your topic title indicates this stay as 6/25-6/25... can you confirm the correct dates of this trip?

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

I have seen 'extreme' counter-offers like this before, but mostly in overseas markets.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

THe heading is a typo. The dates are 6/25 to 6/27. I bid up to $116 before exhausting rebids. I'm getting pretty close to the $139 sticker price of the Sheraton. Further, the price of The Chelsea isn't much higher. I suppose my "maximum bid" is some amount slightly less than $139, depending on how much I value the benefits I gain from booking directly. So, I will wait until tomorrow and contemplate my strategy.

My bids on PRICELINE are via this site.

Let us know what you decide and if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding (please also note that if you decide to book direct we have links to the Sheraton and most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies in the support page)

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]