Hotwire Hotel: Help for a Total Newbie for Boston Hotel...Thanks!

Karen Klein
By Karen Klein,
in

First time on this board so I apologize in advance for any silly questions.

Looking for 2 rooms (or one 2 bdrm suite to accomodate 7 people - 3 adults and 4 kids ages 11-16) in Boston for 3 nights - June 26-29.

Have read how tough parking is in Boston so want to be near a T stop so we can either walk or use public transportation. (We'll be driving into town). Trying to stay below $130/night per room. Is this feasible? How do I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for your reply.

I guess a 3 star is just fine. We're just looking for a decent comfortable place to crash after sightseeing with the kids. A pool would be great but not a deal breaker...same with included breakfast.

One thing I can't seem to tell from the Hotwire page is whether a particular hotel is near a T stop or if it charges for parking. Is this something I won't know until after I book?

One thing I can't seem to tell from the Hotwire page is whether a particular hotel is near a T stop or if it charges for parking. Is this something I won't know until after I book?
The hotel you choose can be anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone... you won't know until after your purchase the exact location (and therefore the distance from the nearest T stop). For most offerings, if you click the CONTINUE button next to the offering, then on the next page scroll to the bottom, there will be information regarding any parking charges.

Searching HOTWIRE for 2rooms/3adults/4children does not reveal anything in the "downtown" zones (Quincy Market, Boston Common, Copley Square) within your target price range... the closest is a 3* offering for $169/nite in the Quincy Market zone, which i'm guessing is most likely the Holiday Inn Beacon Hil.

Would this work for your needs? Could you stretch your budget to $169/nite? Any back-up plan?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for your reply.

I did a bit of digging on HOTWIRE myself (for the first time basically). I was able to find a 3 star in Cambridge for $139/nt (I hope I was't doing anything wrong). WHen I clicked on amenities, it did tell me breakfast was included (always a plus) and that there was internet access. I was unable to find any information about parking though.

Haven't booked it yet...maybe i should try to dig deeper to figure out which property this is. Not sure how you've been able to do that!

Karen

For the $139/nite HOTWIRE offering... were you searching for 2rooms/3adults/4children? Which zone was this property in? What were the amenities that HOTWIRE associated with this offering?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, Cambridge is the zone, but please let us know how many rooms/adults/children you searched for so that we can replicate this search and look at the details of this offering.

Thanks.

The Cambridge property above matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The Cambridge property above matches previous reports for the Holiday Inn Express so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

That HI Express is pretty close (four small blocks) to the Lechmere T stop. It's also walking distance to the Museum of Science, which is a great place for kids. You can get a bus to Harvard Square (too far to walk and the T would be roundabout). Somewhat dull neighborhood. But, free hot cookies!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]