FL Orlando Clarion Universal Sea World

mikepa
By mikepa,
in

I won this for $43 a night 2/22 through 2/25. It's about 5 miles from SeaWorld. On the edge of dumpy for a 3 star/diamond hotel. There are no king or queen size beds available for the hotwire price - only two full size beds in each room. There is free internet access (my room had wireless access and ethernet connection.) If all you want is a room to sleep in at night this hotel should be OK, but it's certainly nothing fancy. There is no free breakfast - the buffet which is only fair is $7.95 per person. The 100% oranage juice has never seen an orange IMHO.

• 1 year later...

Hi! Stayed at The Clarion Universal (3 star) 7299 Universal Blvd, Orlando Florida November 22 2006- November 26 2006.

Paid $45.00 thru Hotwire with taxes, fees ecta price was $52.15 a night.Room had free internet in room with a key board and 17 inch lcd screen.Heated pool, deli,lighted tennis court and free transporation to Universal Studios.No free breakfast they have a breakfast bar all u can eat at a steep $9.99 per person. Walk to International Drive (1 block away ) plenty of resturant and shops. Take the International Drive Trolly at $1.00 a person, u can't beat this so why drive! This hotel charges a "2.50 service fee" per night that you pay when you check out. Enjoyed my stay,every thing was just fine.Staff was helpful and friendly. I really liked the location just across from Wet n Wild Water park with plenty of resturants with in walking Distance.

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed at Clarion recently and have these to share:

- Bid and won $30 a night around Thanksgiving time (plus tax)

- Hotel has small parking lot but no trouble find a spot, need to walk a bit.

- Has shuttle service to US, Seaworld

- Do not use the computer in room, charges $9.99 a night without any warning or notice. After I pointed it out, they said they can charge a flat fee of $9.99 for the entire stay, but I declined (have own laptop), they removed the charge. Just unplug and hook the ethernet cable to your laptop.

- Has 2 hot spas with different temps

- Small microwave and fridge in room

- Excellent location to US, wet n' wild, US feels almost walking distance (across highway 4)

- Do not stay here if you want to visit Disney, too far and food choice not as great as 192 (I recommend stay at 192 if visting Disney)

- Over all stay is pleasant.

I-Ride Trolley: http://www.iridetrolley.com/index.html (doesn't come that often)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]