Priceline Hotel: 5* Oporto Sheraton Porto Hotel and Spa

XT600
By XT600,
in

tried many times before but now 5 days before arrival had following experience:

weekend Friday-Sunday I got counter offer to add $18 at bid of $70

Firday - Monday I didn't get any counter offer bidding $75

Had my girlfriend try $75 for Fri-Sun -> counter offer to add $18 (hhmm, yes good idea :) )

extended the trip to Monday (as above) but bid $79 and got the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa.

71 EUR isnot bad for this 5* property, we have been there 3 years ago (paid 102 EUR incl. Breakfast for two). However they charge for the Pool :) and to charge 25 EUR/person for breakfast buffet is impertinent if you pay same for complete dinner incl. wine for 2 persons. There is a bar next to the hotel, which has breakfast for 2 EUR....

BTW: Porto, Portugal works in Priceline as Oporto (OPO=airport)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

regards from the Porto Sheraton Hotel & Spa... my bill at TV says 65 EUR (so looks like this is what hotel will get from priceline)

BTW: free Wifi in lobby (computers and e.g. for your Nokia N900)

5*? absolutely true but also the prices are 5*: SPA access is 10 EUR/day/person and e.g. Espresso 3 EUR, in a normal Bar outside it's 0,55 EUR!!!!

sure I suppose most of our fellas here in the forum know how NOT to walk into the (PRICELINE) hotel trap: don't take any extras at the hotel: no breakfast, no roomservice, no minibar, no parking and no spa (if charge)....

Actually I know some guys who are so happy that they have Marriott Hamburg for 50 EUR that they had dinner in their room almost every evening during that 1 week and ... also used the parking for 27 EUR/24hs as it's "convenient".... :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]