Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North) Wynn

quiense
By quiense,
in

Congratulations on your success!

An excellent deal for this property! Hope you're pleased with the results and this works well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I originally planned for a four day trip from 8/2 through 8/6. However, I already got Wynn hotel for 8/4 and 8/5 through betterbidding priceline. Today I got email from hotwire for $89. From what I saw, it was mostly likely be Venetian, I went to hotwire to make a reservation. I noticed that the dates were 8/2,3,4,and 5. So when I re-input new dates to 8/2 and 8/3, the price changed to $108/night.

I guess the offer price depends on the number of days as well.

Rates are date specific, based upon hotel occupancy levels (ie- supply/demand) for a given nite.

Here is an example (i'm making the numbers up):

8/2-8/4 = $100/nite

8/4-8/6 = $150/nite

8/2-8/6 = $125/nite

So if you want to book the complete stay you may be quoted a rate of $125/nite... but if you wanted just the last 2 nites it would be $150/nite.

If you'd like further help with these additional nites feel free to continue this thread, indicating your desired star rating, zones, budget, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't get your explanation. I don't think it has to do with the average.

I checked the following dates.

8/2/10 - 8/4/10 (total 2 nights) $108 per night

8/4/10 - 8/6/10 (total 2 nights) $108 per night

8/2/10 - 8/6/10 (total 4 nights) $ 89 per night

According to your explanation, 8/4 - 8/6 should be somewhere around $69 per night in order to average out to $89 per night for 4 nights. However, 8/2 - 8/4 and 8/4 - 8/6 both showed $108 per night and yet if you checked the price for 8/2 - 8/6, it shows $89 per night.

I would like to know if the price depends on the number of nights you stay.. and if so why.

Thanks for your help as always~~

I previously didn't interpret the rate breakdown as you described in your post above...

Multi-nite stay customers are more profitable to hotels than single nite stays... this hotel may be offering a discount for a longer stay vs. a couple of nites. As well, although i didn't try to ID the hotel being offered, note that the amenities also change when searching for the two 2 nite stays vs. the one 4 nite stay, so need to also be certain you're seeing the same hotel(s) on each search.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]