Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (UM/CPS) Drake Swissotel

isotopes
By isotopes,
in

I am new here and would like help with a Priceline bidding strategy. I am hoping to get a 4* there at the bottom of Central Park and would like to get the best deal possible.

ETA: We would also stay in MTE. It seems there are nice hotels there and it looks like people are getting pretty good rates there. We prefer being next to Central Park if possible though.

Thank You

We just went to NYC in December and stayed in Time Square so we were hoping to stay in a different area. We really liked Central Park and were hoping to stay near there, but also be relatively close to Time Square, shopping etc.

We don't have a set budget right now but I would like to be able to get the room for 150 or less a night but probably could go higher if I needed to. I am not in a real big hurry to get the reservations so I could bid over the next couple of weeks if that would help my chances of getting a cheap 4* room.

I tried to bid today.

first I bid 4* Central Park South $120 - rejected

second I bid 4* Central park South or Upper West(highest rank 2 1/2*) $130 - rejected

third I bid 4* Central park South or Upper West(highest rank 2 1/2*) Upper East (highest rank 3*) $140 - rejected

I guess I will wait the 72 hours and then try Central Park South 4* $150 if it does not get accepted I will add MTE

I also may have my wife give it a shot tonight with her account.

You have 2 re-bid zones... if you're not sure which ones qualify as your re-bid zones please ask before proceeding and we'll explain further. This is how i would proceed:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS and re-bid zone2...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150.

Any questions freel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

OK after bidding, waiting, and getting rejected several times I finally had a bid accepted.

I got Central Park South/Upper Midtown from 4/15 - 4/18 for $192. I had gone as high as $175 with MTE and MTW 72 hours before this bid and was rejected. I was bidding a little higher for CPS/UM since this is where we preferred. This last time I started at $172 CPS/UM rebid $182 rebid $192 and was accepted.

The hotel was Swissotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]