Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (NMA-River North) Allerton

bittercupcake
By bittercupcake,
in

knowing this was Lollapalooza weekend, which I'm attending, I knew i'd be paying more than is typical in Chicago, as per the calendar of wins..

Started bidding at $100 for 4* Loop/Grant Park Area. Bid rejected.

Added 3.5 stars and went up to $120. Bid rejected

Added NMA River North and went up to $130. Bid rejected

Added Lincoln Park area and went up to $135. Bid Rejected

Added Franklin Park area and went up to $140.

Bid accepted at $140 got Allerton in NMA River North.

A lot more than I wanted to pay, and not in the ideal area - but thems are the breaks for a big weekend like Lollapalooza, and I paid less than if I'd gone via one of the Expedia/Travelocity type sites. Happy under the circumstances.

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear that this was more than you were looking to spend, but a nice result considering how busy this weekend usually is - as expensive as this price is now, the rates may possibly go higher/much higher closer to the dates.

Although not right near Grant Park, it's a nice walk down Michigan Ave. to Grant Park from this property, or you could go to the Red Line subway on nearby State/Chicago and take that South to one of the Loop stops and walk E.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]