Priceline Hotel: Charleston, SC Help

Doppelganger
By Doppelganger,
in

Hi,

I'm going to be staying a few nights in Charleston, SC next month. I would like to use PRICELINE to get the best deal on a hotel, but if I end up having to pay for parking, that kind of eats into the savings from using Priceline.

It's not the end of the world if I get a downtown hotel that doesn't have free parking, and I understand the risks of using PRICELINE.

That said, what would you recommend if I want to minimize my chances of getting a hotel that does not have free parking?

Avoid certain areas? (eg., Downtown, Ashley River, ???)

Avoid higher-end hotels? (eg., 4*, 3.5*, ???)

I usually try to get the highest star rating that I can, but I would probably still be happy with a 2.5* hotel. I'm a little hesitant to book a 2* hotel without knowing what I'll get.

I'm not that familiar with the parking situation in this area, but in areas where some hotels charge and some dont', sticking with the 3* and under properties may sometimes improve your chances of landing a hotel with free parking. However, in many areas it's simply a matter of "0" or "1"... either 95% of the hotels in the area do charge for parking or 95% of the hotels in the area don't charge for parking. You can start with our Priceline Hotel list and visit the websites of some of the reported hotels in each zone at each star level to see if there is a parking charge, and if so, how much.

HOTWIRE may also be something to look at... while it generally costs a little more than PRICELINE, you may be able to identify a property before your purchase and therefore research the parking charge, if any. As well, you might be able to choose a hotel with complimentary breakfast, which combined with parking, may be as good of an 'all-in' deal (after including parking and breakfast) on PRICELINE.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]