Priceline Hotel: 4*-5* Las Vegas (suggestions on bidding strategy)

findthegoodstuff
By findthegoodstuff,
in

Need help/suggestions for my strategy finding a room mainly for Saturday, June 5th. It appears Sunday night will be little to no problem but will a better deal be found/accepted if I include that night? (I was thinking of doing it separately via Expedia w/a $50 coupon I have although I know some hotels will not let me just book Sunday... aka Hard Rock) On a related note, if I have one night booked via Priceline & another via Expedia for the same hotel, they dont make you double check in/out?

In order of basically the rooms I'm want, I'm planning a bidding strategy based on the following list below. Oddly, its basically in the order of hotel I would prefer that is available on Priceline. Am I forgetting any locations that I should seriously consider? Right now I have shyed away from Trump but might include it. Have 2 accounts for bidding, mine & my gf.

Yes I have seen that new LV resort fee nonsense... whatever & I do kinda understand the 10 bid stragtegy if looking for that 5* first.

Now for that Saturday night.... the real question is, what is going to be that magical price? ideas?

Las Vegas (near Strip East)

4* Hard Rock REVIEW

Las Vegas (Strip North)

5* Palazzo REV

5* Venetian REVIEW

5* Wynn REVIEW

Las Vegas (West of Strip)

4* Rio Suites REVIEW

Las Vegas (Strip South)

5* TheHotel at Mandalay Bay--

4* Luxor-- REVIEW

4* MGM Grand

4* NYNY

4* Paris

4* Planet Hollywood REVIEW

4* The Westin REVIEW / tripadvisor review

Am I being unfair? not seriously including/considering the: (just not sure old town is for me but it has been 4-5 years since Ive been to Vegas)

Las Vegas (Fremont Street Vicinity)

4* Golden Nugget

Of course I always use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start my process here. :)

Good morning. :)

Please provide an update on your prior Chicago Hotwire thread.

What would be your desired budget per night for the Vegas bid?

Two separate reservations may be handled differently by some hotels, but it may require coming to the desk to check-in again. Some hotels may be able to work with this situation (I'd think some may allow you to call down in the morning and confirm that you would be staying another night via a separate reservation in the same name or be able to work something out if you mention that you have two separate reservations at the initial check-in) better than others.

The list of HOTWIRE hotels that have been reported to the board can be found at the site's Hotwire Hotel List for Vegas. Some people have gotten those 3 NSE hotels via PRICELINE, but there is no guarantee which hotel you may get when bidding on PRICELINE.

Thank you for using the site's Expedia, PRICELINE or HOTWIRE link.

I dont have an update for that Chicago bid yet.... still in progress... :)

As for my budget for Vegas, I've bid up to $135 so far just for Saturday night without luck. (that's the # I put into the bid before taxes & resort fees collected later of course)

I was hoping to get lucky... but so far no dice.

max for a 5 star would be 150

I actually would prefer paying around $100 for a 4 but dont want to end up at the Hilton... and not excited by Luxor... sigh

might just give up & do Expedia for the whole trip... way too much time spent to save just a few dollars

update...

I spent to much time, trying to save what, $10... or maybe $15? & maybe switching hotels... sigh

I just booked the whole trip via Expedia w/$50 coupon I had saved.... rather than spend more time... this kinda sucked me in.

Expedia keeps giving me more & more coupons... its crazy but they really suck you in

thx BB ... I like this site... maybe someday a calander option with reported wining bids?

ahh.... thanx for pointing out the calendar. :) Looks like a new feature... missed the link under the ads.

Looks pretty good...

I thought I used BB Expedia's link but went/back forth so many times... who knows

Now that I have Sat/Sun booked... actually might still priceline a hotel now for Friday only... we will see (I have flexible travel there)

Saturday Goo Goo Dolls @ the Palms :)

now .... what show to see Sunday night? hmmm....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]