Priceline Hotel: 4* Zurich (Glattbrugg) Renaissance

norry
By norry,
in

Bid $70, was offered $88 as a rebid, tried $75 and it was accepted.

I've stayed at this hotel twice before (both times through priceline) - bid $70 the one time and $75 the other. A few pointers from last time:

- Glattbrugg is between ZRH airport and downtown Zurich. It's closer to the airport, so great for this trip where I'm just passing through Zurich for one night and want a nice easy ride to the airport in the morning.

- The hotel is behind the giant Renault dealership. There's an Aldi nearby (ask the front desk how to get there) - no more than a 5 minute walk. There is no point in shelling out for the hotel's breakfast in a place with as many wonderful restaurants as Zurich, and if you're going to the airport there's a giant food court right there. Or, buy food at Migros (also at the airport) and put your own breakfast together.

- Zurich, however, is not Manhattan: the trains do NOT run all night! Found this out on my previous stay there, where my train back from Basel got back after the last tram towards Glattbrugg had left. Oops! Fortunately there are plenty of cabs outside Zurich railway station (but figure on $30-40 for the ride).

Thanks once more, BB. Used the PRICELINE link.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]