Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Asheville (Downtown-Biltmore) Crowne Plaza

leopardprint
By leopardprint,
in

As mentioned in another topic, my friend recently booked a room at the Crowne Plaza Asheville via Hotwire for $59. We have decided to go down a day earlier, and I was looking into booking it today.

Really wanted to book at the Crowne so we could at possibly have the same room both nights, but it appears that property is not available on Hotwire for the night of 5/22, even though on the hotel site there are loads of room options available, so it's not sold out. Boo.

Got on Priceline and tried many combinations of zone, star level, and price. Started at 3.5* at $38, went as high as $50 in increments of $2-$3, and then lowered star rating one level at a time all the way down to 2* out of desperation. Every bid was rejected.

$50 is our absolute maximum for this night, and I really don't want to be in a dump either.

Anyone see any obvious reason why all these bids are being rejected? I see on here that nice hotels, the Crowne especially, are going for this price on Priceline. Really I would be fine with anything 2.5* or above.

The Holiday Inn is sold-out, and rates at the Crowne Plaza are a little more than your next nite, so my guess is that something is happening which is increasing demand for rooms for this nite.

There is a Montford Music and Arts Festival on 5/23, but not sure how big of a draw this is or if it would effect hotel rates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulation son your success!

While perhaps a bit more than you wanted to spend, nice and convenient that you received the same hotel as your Hotwire hotel purchase for the subsequent nite... savings the hassle of having to change hotels mid-stay. Do let them know when you check-in that you have a separate but continuous reservation and ask them to block the room assigned so you won't have to change rooms for the 2nd nite (although you may still need to stop by the check-in desk to 'officially' check-out and check-in again)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay(s) and have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]