Priceline Hotel: NYC help 5/25-26

Travelling
By Travelling,
in

I have been bidding (a bit randomly I'll admit) for a room for one night on 25 May. I'm relaxed about the location and start level. I am spending four nights later in the week at the Club Quarters Wall Street and so it would be handy if I stayed there so I could leave some luggage while I am elsewhere between this stay and the later one (there's only one night inbetween).

I've bid up to the following with no success/counteroffers:

3.5* Downtown to $180 (to "target" the Club Quarters)

3* Chelsea to $150

3* MTE to $125

3.5* MTE to

Thanks for the failed bid history.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding and travel purchases.

Sure, will do. Do you have any insight into how I can make my bidding more structured given what I am trying to achieve? I realise saying I'm relaxed about the location and price doesn't help but for a one-night stay where we won't arrive until about 9.30pm and leave early-ish the next morning, I can probably live with most things.

Where will you be arriving from (ie- airport, train station, etc) on the 25th? Are you leaving the city the following day or heading to the Club Quarters? If leaving, where are you heading out of town from? (ie- airport, train station, bus, etc)

Please click this PRICELINE link on the board before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There really is nothing reasonably priced for this nite in the city... i'm not sure what's happening in the city for this string of days but rates from 5/22 onward have been thru the roof.

Is staying out by JFK an option and commuting to Penn Station in the morning?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather stay more central than JFK if possible as we will probably want to go out in the evening when we arrive.

I have just booked a cancellable backup at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Tribeca for $215 plus taxes which is okay for one night (we stayed here a few years ago). In many ways I prefer this location to a lot of the Priceline areas further uptown (midtown doesn't quite do it for me). There are several subway lines right by the Cosmo and some nice neighbourhoods within walking distance.

I'll continue to try PRICELINE but HOTWIRE is showing less and less as the date nears so I'm not hopeful.

• 5 months later...

I continued bidding for this up to the date of travel, but once I had the back-up at the Cosmo, I bid a little lower than previously and so probably had little chance of securing a Priceline win.

I've now stayed twice at the Cosmo and speak very favourably about the hotel compared against the price and quality of other htoels in Manhattan. Having said that, the location for me is a big plus - I like staying in that area and the very easy access to numerous subway lines is a real benefit.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]