Priceline Hotel: Resort Phoenix (Scottsdale) Scottsdale Plaza Resrt

micheles
By micheles,
in

i have booked the early part of my holiday 4th to 16th july at marriott desert ridge - got a deluxe room for 55 gb pounds (this seemed a much better deal than i could find conventionally - usually came out at around $150 + tax)

the middle of my holiday i booked through priceline - downtown phoenix hyatt (only 20gb a night) 16 - 19 july

then i'm off to the grand canyon and vegas

finally returning to phoenix on 22nd july to 30th july ( we need two rooms - 2 adults and 2 children) and would like a nice resort - i could probably get the desert ridge for around 110 pounds a night for the two rooms but wonder if it is worth trying hotwire/priceline for this area at this time of the year

we have never been to phoenix before

what do you think would be a good priceline bid for each room - for a four star or four star resort?

(i'm gradually losing confidence - although got quite a buzz getting a hyatt for 20 pound)

i do like the look of the desert ridge but don't mind if for the last part of our holiday we stay in scottsdale - (that was recommended)

i had a provisional booking at the buttes but am not encouraged by the reviews that talk about noise problems - that was to cost $109 and $54 a night (two rooms with breakfast) - two adults and two children

i saw a 4.5* on hotwire for our dates 22nd july to 30th july for around $117 a room (north scottsdale) and wondered what this might be - it all gets expensive when you have to double to two rooms - extra space for the children!

we really are open to suggestions as we have never been further west than florida - we would welcome advice from people who know the area - and the best way to get the best price to get the best places!

i booked my resort in scottsdale using priceline and 'won' two rooms for 8 nights at $70 a time

i know that it would be cheaper closer to the date but looking at last years rates on this site the same hotel was coming up at around $60

imagine how i now feel when i find that the hotel is directly selling the rooms on it's website (link provided by priceline) for $75! not much of a saving there

i saw that a guest of the same hotel had booked through priceline (tripadvisor.com) and been charged more than the hotel was selling for - i only read the headlines as my computer won't let me open the page)

so my case is not that unusual for priceline and this hotel

:) :

i forgot to say my dates are july 22nd to 30th

i saw that a guest of the same hotel had booked through priceline (tripadvisor.com) and been charged more than the hotel was selling for

The other user was only charged more than the hotel was selling for because they didn't do their homework and bid too high.

See bbbb's comments in the post above:

Take your time on this bid as its very hot out here in the summer and they will be giving rooms away for next to nothing for your dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]