Priceline Hotel: Question about booking multiple rooms

iginlafire
By iginlafire,
in

Does anyone have any experience booking multiple rooms with Priceline? I am having trouble getting 3 rooms in Toronto for the prices they have been going for recently according to the board, and am wondering if it's due to the fact I am trying to book 3 rooms at once instead of just 1 like I usually do.

My specifics:

Date: Wed June 2 - Thu June 3

Rooms: 3

I have tried for 3 nights in a row, increasing the bids by $2 each time, using all the re-bid zones. I just finished tonight with my last bid at $102, and am surprised I haven't got anything yet.

Is it because I am trying to get multiple rooms? Is it a busy week in Toronto (something going on I am unaware of)? Should I add downtown north even though I'd prefer not to (we are in town for a Jays game and would like to stay closer to the Rogers Centre)?

All replies are appreciated, cheers!

-Geoff

Usually multiple rooms is a non-event, but if it does effect your bidding, it's to the downside since a hotel with the lowest rate may have made 1 or 2 rooms available to the PRICELINE for your particular dates.

With the above noted i'd guess you're just shy of a winning bid... searching HOTWIRE for your dates (3rooms/6adults) shows a 4* hotel in their Downtown East zone for $109/nite (guessing the Sutton Place) and a 4* hotel in their Downtown West zone (guessing the InterContinental)... if either of there are of interest directly from HOTWIRE let us know and we'll discuss/confirm amenities with you.

You could try bidding a little higher via PRICELINE, but you may also want to consider the Downtown West property directly thru HOTWIRE, for if i'm correct that the Downtown West property is the InterContinental, it gets excellent reviews and is 4.5/5.0 rated from Tripadvisor users.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried twice more, max bid went up to $112 and still nothing. Also, it seems the $109 deal at Hotwire is gone, and I'd prefer to use Priceline anyway.

So, Plan B:

The 3 parties involved bid separately for one room each, with me guiding them through the process, and we hope at least 2 of us get the same hotel/deal. Worst case scenario I will post our results once we get something- I have to wait till later today.

THX for the reply above, helped me make the decision to go this route. And it will be interesting to see what happens given my requirements. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]