Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Wyndham Palace and Spa

clhn0511
By clhn0511,
in

at priceline select check-in: 4/21 and check out 4/29 and Orlando, FL then you'll be able to pick the zone you want in Orlando, you want the WDW 'zone'

you will then select the 'Resort' level and you will name your own price and you'll be recommended a price to bid by priceline (just ignore it), you then enter your credit card info. and priceline will see if your bid is accepted (NOTE: if a hotel is found that accepts your bid, your credit card is charged, no questions asked and no refunds allowed, it will then reveal the name of your hotel, if you are in any way uncomfortable with not knowing the name of your hotel and "gambling" on it then DON'T BID)

the Swan and Dolphin have come up before on priceline, so yes it's possible, resorts are typically quite expensvie and vary from as low as $70 or $80 to well over $100

if your bid isn't accepted you must increase your bid amount and vary your bid (either vary your check in/out dates or add another 'zone' in Orlando or change what star level of hotel you're willing to accept)

the trick about priceline is, you will get free rebids if you add zones that do not contain resort level hotels, to figure out which zones don't have resort level hotels, just select each zone one at a time and priceline will show you the hotel star levels available in this zone as if you were going to bid on that zone, and just one by one check each zone to see what star levels are available

once your out of free rebids, you're locked out for a 72 hr. period from bidding again for the same selection

I suggest start bidding at $70 and increase $5 each rebid (most people seem to increase every 5 or 10 bucks and typically small increments can make a difference in getting or not getting a bid)

you have quite a bit of time to try and rebid, the idea of priceline is to be careful not to overbid and pay what you would normally pay directly from the hotel or from another website like Hotels.com, it's really luck the prices and inventory available to priceline fluctuate constantly, also just because another person finds a resort in the WDW area for $100 doesn't mean you will too, you may pay siginficantly more or less but there's a chance your winning bid will be identical

also, make sure you will only accept the resort level before you bid, because the 3* level in WDW typically comes up CHEAP (sometimes below $50) and there is no 4* in this zone

also, if you were willing to stay somewhere else like the Universal Zone or another zone in Orlando you coudl end up paying significantly less, but then you'd have to drive or take a bus or shuttle to the Disney area, that's up to you

in my experience with priceline I have found a great savings sometimes less than 50% of paying directly through the hotel's website, using other sites typically save only a few dollars like Travelocity.com or Hotels.com

by the way, if you are uncomfortable with this way of getting a hotel room, hotwire is a good alternative, they have typically the 2nd highest savings on the web because it is also in a sense a form of gambling, the only difference is you don't get to pick the price, you pick your hotel from a list of prices and all the other details are like priceline, and once you pick your hotel and pay for it, the name of the hotel is revealed, only problem is the savings isn't too great using hotwire, but typically higher than using the other travel websites

so anyways, I've been rambling, so go ahead and start bidding, by the way you can bid whatever price you like, but if you bid something ridculous like $20 for a resort it will never be accepted

let me warn you, some people think they know how to "beat priceline" and can tell you exactly how much to bid and guarantee you will win, these are just peple who follow the fluctuation in prices and tend to be lucky, there's no exact formula to winning, all you can do is increase your chance of winning by adding free rebid zones or be flexible in what zone you're willing to stay in or change the dates of your stay

it's a game, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, the only catch is that you're picking the price so if you bid too much you're stuck with the charge and there's not much you can do about it, if you're so conservative with your bids that you hardly increase your bid then you'll never get a hotel, you have to find a happy medium between what you can afford and what's a realistic bid

your 8 day trip, could cost up to $500 a night if you stay at a resort in the WDW area and pay the rack rate, take my advice and bid on priceline and hopefully end up paying less than $100 a night, some people complain "they called it a 3* but i think it's a 2*" or "they gave me a substandard room because I paid so little through priceline", most people have GOOD experiences with priceline, the majority of people who dind't like their experiences tend to not be comfortable with the idea of letting pricline choose their hotel, but it's all part of the game

let us know what you do and how it turns out, you have nothing to lose by bidding now and seeing if you get something

happy bidding!

:) :) :o :) :D

well, I'm ending up at the wyndham, hoping for a good experience,hotel looks nice enough! I started bidding 65 a night rebid for 70, 75, 78, 80, 82, 85 adding non resort areas each time. My final bid was accepted for 87 per night not bad, hotel website offers 159 and 179 per night. thanks for all the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]