Priceline Hotel: NYC - 1 night only 5/22: Late booking! Need advice!

ZoeM
By ZoeM,
in

Hi there,

British girl who's suddenly found herself arriving in NYC this coming Saturday (5/22) without any accommodation and desperately needing some advice on obtaining a cheapish (<$200 all inc.) hotel room in the city.

I've no real preference over area: ESB, MTE, MTW, CPS, Chelsea, Downtown, Times Sq all fine if 3*, 3.5* or 4*, but only if they're under $200 (I can hope, right?!). Otherwise, will consider a 2-2.5* if under $150 (and preferably downtown).

Any advice on what method I should use on Priceline, please?

Thanks!

Zoe

I've been bidding for that same night for several weeks with no luck. I've tried all zones south of central park, plus the re-bid zones for everything 2.5* and above.

Thus far I've tried bidding up to $155 for a 2.5*, $190 for a 4*, $185 for a 3.5* and 165 for a 3*. I also started bidding for Jersey City last night and plan to add in Brooklyn in my bidding tonight and bump up the bids in all zones. Even looking at the hotel websites, there isn't a whole lot of availability this weekend and most of that falls in the $400/night range.

Realistically, I'm thinking I'm probably looking at at least $200, before taxes & fees for just about anything in Manhattan, perhaps a little less in Brooklyn or Jersey.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]