Priceline Hotel: NYC MSG area on 5-21 and 5-22

bprince28
By bprince28,
in

I am gong to be attending a concert at MSG on Friday 5-21. First time to NYC, going to spend Saturday and part of Sunday "touring around." I dont necessarily need to be very close to arena. I would gladly walk 1-1.5 miles or cab it (so i dont necessarily have to be in MSG section).

Any ideas. My budget is up to 200/night.

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you looking for the highest star rating your $200 will buy or do you have a minimum star rating in mind and are seeking the least expensive property at that star level or higher? Is $200 your maximum bid amount or 'all-in' (including fees/taxes)

Are there any zones which you don't want? For example, Downtown is more than 1.5 miles from MSG, but you could take an inexpensive subway ride to MSG and a taxi back to the hotel at nite (or subway back, depending upon what time the show lets out, as you may not want to be on the subway too late at nite)

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm in the same boat. I'm assuming you're also in town for Pearl Jam. I've been up to $170 and down to 2* at every area Chelsea and North and I've gotten nothing. I started at $140 a few days ago. I'm going to go up to $180 tonight.

I don't see how you're going to be under $200 total. $170 puts the total at like $210 with the fees.

I'll post if I have any success. Please do the same.

I would like the highest star quality for the price. And my $200 is base price (prior to fees), but if i could get something better for 210 that would be fine. My only reservation about cabbing on the way home is that 15000 other people may be trying to cab also. This was a problem for me in other cities but may not be in downtown NY. And if there are late night bars near the arena, we could wait around there til the flow dies down. Thanks in advance

While $200+ is a lot of money for a hotel room, unfortunately i think it still may not be enough for a 4* (or 3.5* and possibly not even a 3*) hotel for these dates.

However, we can give it a try and hopefully there is a hotel which has been slow to adjust their rates upward and you can get lucky.

Did you want to try for a 4* first up to your limit? Zones i'd recommend for a first time visitor at the 4* level include: MTE, MTW, CPS, TS and ESB.

Let us know if you wanted to try for a 4* first, and if so, if you wanted to include all the zones i've listed above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been bidding for that same Saturday night for a couple of weeks also - started looking at Jersey, and all zones south of Central Park, down to a 2.5*...no luck.

Don't know if Brooklyn is too far, but I came across an opening special for the Sheraton Brooklyn for $149/night - far less than what I've been bidding in Manhattan. Thought I'd share just in case :)

Maybe i should try a 3.5 star first in all the zones you listed. For 200, or higher? You tell me.

At the 3.5* level i'd consider different zones...

ESB, MSG, MTW, and TS... plus you have to decide if you want to include MTE, CPS and/or Downtown with the following caveats:

MTE - has the Millenium UN, a hotel with good reviews, but a bit far east and 15 minute walk to the subway

CPS - has the Hudson hotel... a 'vibrant, hip, etc' hotel but with notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards)

Downtown - usually not a consideration, but given the tough dates, something you may want to consider

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

I've been bidding for that same Saturday night for a couple of weeks also - started looking at Jersey, and all zones south of Central Park, down to a 2.5*...no luck.

Don't know if Brooklyn is too far, but I came across an opening special for the Sheraton Brooklyn for $149/night - far less than what I've been bidding in Manhattan. Thought I'd share just in case :)

When I try to book this hotel, the lowest rate I see is $199. Is there some sort of promotional code?

The promo code was dalys, but it looks like all the regular rooms are gone for the Saturday night. The $199 rate is for their club floor, which includes breakfast. If you split up the reservation, the $149 rate is available for May 21.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]