Priceline Hotel: Help for Chicago Hotel (4/1 - 4/5)

chrisc2
By chrisc2,
in

Hey Guys,

I need some help on an upcoming trip April 1-5. I don't know Chicago very well! I need a hotel near the Park West Theatre and judging by Hotwire's maps it looks like "South and West of Loop" is the closest.. Am I right or is there another area?

I found a 4* on Hotwire:

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center. View complete amenity list and description

Best Value! $89/night.

Any idea of what this hotel is?

Any bidding strategy for this? (I would pay up to $120)

Thanks guys,

You've always been helpful!

According to the Park West website (I'm from Chicago, but never been to the PW), it's on the NW side of the city, not South of the city.

There are definitely not many hotels at all in this area that I know of and the ones that I know of are pretty bare basics, aside from the Belden Stratford (and I don't think that one is on either Priceline or HW). If you would be bidding on PL, you would bid for Lincoln Park and on HW, you would try for Gold Coast/North Michigan Ave.

Given where I see the Park West on the map, you could easily get a hotel on the North end of the Michigan Ave. area and take a brief cab ride to the Park West and back.

If you need any help or have any questions, email me at [email protected]

Your original post says you found the 4* on Hotwire for $89 a night, but that you'd bid up to $120 and are looking for strategy. Any reason you plan to go Priceline instead of just taking the price you found on Hotwire? Was the Hotwire price not for the dates of your stay? Have fun!

Hey there, thanks for all the replies...

I did a bit more research and found out that I *need* to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn... rates at their website show $179/nite. I see a 3* on Magnificent Mile - Wacker Drive for $76.. it has: Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

This post http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act...ST&f=86&t=7534&

shows a succesful bid for the Hilton Garden Inn at $64 with the following: Restaurant, pool, work-out, biz center, internet

It's slightly differnet in that there is no internet and the addition of the laundry facilities. WHat do you guys think? Which hotel is this 3*? Should I risk it?

Thanks guys,

Christian

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]