Hotwire Hotel: Orlando (MCO or I Drive)

puffinlover
By puffinlover,
in

Can you help me identify the following hotels? I will be traveling June 6-9,2010

MCO 2* - shuttle, comp bkfst, gym, pool, laundry, internet - $36

MCO 3* - shuttle, gym, pool, data center, internet - $39

I drive North 3* - pool, restaurant, internet - $39

I-drice South 3* - pool, restaurant, laundry, data, internet - $39

Thanks!

The amenities for the 3* Orlando Airport match multiple properties, but using the 3.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating, my best guess would be the Best Western Airport Inn. I don't have a guess for the 2* in this zone.

The 3* I-Drive North hotel matches previous reports for the Best Western Orlando Gateway and Four Points Studio City, so either of these would be my best guess here.

The 3* I-Drive South property has not yet been identified, and with the 2.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating probably not the best of those you inquired about.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3* Orlando Airport hotel might also be the Wingate Inn. My best guess for the 2* is the Travelodge Orlando Airport, but I'm pretty sure there are other possibilities.

Something is odd about the 3* I-Drive South hotel; the reviews from Hotwire customers (85% recommend, 4.5 overall satisfaction) seem out of line with its 2.5 TripAdvisor rating. My best guess, if I had to make one, is the Radisson International Drive; it was once part of the Orlando Metropolitan Resort, and Hotwire may have incorrectly used the TA rating for the OMR. However, I would have expected more than 30 reviews, even though it's been a Radisson for only about 6 months.

(thereuare: it appears that my previous report of the Orlando Metropolitan Resort's demise was incorrect. From what I can gather, only part of the resort was converted into a Radisson; there is a building on the property that continues to operate as the Orlando Metropolitan Resort. This remaining part is rated 2* by Priceline, in contrast to the Radisson's 3* rating.)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]