Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Notting Hill-Bayswater) Shaftsbury Hyde Park

spainflyer
By spainflyer,
in

Only two 4* hotels listed on this board for Notting Hill Bayswater. I bid hoping to get the Hilton Paddington (convenience to train to LHR) but was willing to get Hilton Metropole. Got Shaftsbury Hyde Park International for $122 (June 26 and 27). Not too encouraged by the reviews, but will post my experience here.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Hotwire Hotel List

We have not seen the Hilton for a very long time on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE

Let's hope the hotel is better than the reviews. But i always take the TA reviews with a grain of salt. And keep in mind with TA reviews that many of those people paid full price, which is often significantly more, and may have different expectations at those price points. And for some reason is the TA people eager to complain over ridiculous things.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thank YOU, Yellowdog for providing such a useful service. Do you mean that you haven't seen the Hilton Paddington in a long time, or either of the two 4* Hiltons in the Bayswater - Notting Hill area? I am pretty sure I have seen references to the Metropole fairly recently. But would that and the Shaftsbury be the only two 4* we have reference to in this area?

Thanks!

spainflyer,

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. (if you acutally used PRICELINE for this purhase just let us know and we'll move this thread to that section of the board)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Shaftsbury is the only 4* currently being offered on Hotwire in the Bayswater - Notting Hill zone. The amenities listed are: Non-Smoking, Fitness, Restaurant and Business Center. The price has gone up significantly since I began my search last Monday (10th May). It was $114 / night. When I booked on Friday 14th it was $122, and it is now $142.

I might have been able to get a 4* Kensington / Chelsea hotel on Priceline for about $110 and spent the difference on taxi fare, but had hoped to be near to both Paddington and Marylebone stations.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]