Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver (Granville Entertainment District) Sheraton Wall Centre

npcx4
By npcx4,
in

This is a match for the Sheraton Wall Centre so that would be my best guess.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing for this stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know why I do not get the same hotels when I go direct to Hotwire versus using your link?

I went direct to check current hotels and prices. It came back with the following for 2 adults, 2 kids on T 6/8:

Non-Smoking, Fitness, Pool, Restaruant, Business, Internet, Tennis and Spa for $99/night. I checked your hotel listing and it appeared to be the Westin Bayshore. I went to your link to book it and it doesn't come up at all. I'm not certain what to do but I do want to book soon as this is the first time I've seen this hotel and it's a great rate.

I was planning to use Hotwire (through your link) for a 4* currently at $112 for the Sheraton Wall Center. I've seen on this board that others have gotten the Hyatt in May and June for $85-90. The Hyatt is my preference but it's not coming up through Hotwire any longer for 6/8.

It looks like there are 4 Vancouver zones that have no 4* hotels so I could add them as rebid zones. Where do you recommend I start? If you could help with a strategy, I would appreciate it.

There are actually FIVE re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the Vancouver area... please confirm that you too see FIVE re-bid zones and let us know your maximum bid for this stay, we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 not on hotel listing (North Vancouver, Langley)

Are you using the Priceline Hotel List to determine your re-bid zones? If so, the comments at the top of that page state NOT to use the lists to determine your re-bid zones.

The method to use is outlined here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Please read this previous thread (at least the first post) and feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. If you're confused by the thread above just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Vancouver Airport has 4* hotel; Not a free re-bid zone for Downtown / Granville 4* purpose.

Not including the greyed-out Delta, the rest 5 are your free re-bidding zones for 4* hotels :

City hall, Coquiam-Burnby, Surrey-Pit Meadows, North Vancouver, Langley

You may also want to refer the Vancouver specific (4* Downtown/Granville) bidding strategy in the below thread by Thereusare.

Post #4 -

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?sho...st&p=333439

Use PRICELINE link to access Priceline.com to begin your bidding.

Thanks for the feedback, I was not successful but here is what I tried:

Bid $75 for Downtown and Entertainment zones--Rejected

Bid $78 added Langley--Rejected

Bid $81 added N. Vancouver--Rejected

Bid $84 added Surrey--Rejected

Bid $87 added City Hall--Rejected

Bid $90 added Coquitan--Rejected

I didn't close the browser and start over because I didn't know what to try different.

This Vancouver specific 4* Downtown/Granville Strategy requires the browser to be closed at the indicated stage to continue.

From the betterbidding page, find the top right corner PRICELINE click box, fill in the Dates, City info before accessing/starting PL NYOP.

For each day's proceeding, you have the choice of A+ B + C; A+C; B+C; C

( in the shown order; once C is done, PL would only allow you to do A or B after a 24-hrs stay)

A. Start with Downtown Only, @ $XX (your own comfortable level after reading the recent Postings; updated hotels meta search results)

if rejected, add one free-bidding at one time, rebid with a new $$

(at end of the five free rebidding) Unsuccessful, Close the Browser

return to the Betterbidding.com main page, click PRICELINE search button to restart again

B. Start with Graville Only @ $XX

(at end of the five free rebidding) Unsuccessful, Close the Browser

return to the Betterbidding.com main page, click PRICELINE search button to restart again

C. Start with both Downtown and Graville at a $$ level higher than the last bid $$ in A/B

(at end of the five free rebidding) Unsuccessful, close the browser

Wait for 24 hrs, to Repeat the Process.

--------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

After a few days of trying, PL may award you with some bonus money (4*/5* ; 3 nights) to keep you going.

Also, you may also receive a hint/message in the middle of bidding to pony up about $$(15~20 dollars for the current situation) to facilitate the bidding. It signals the end of tunnel soon; but if you decide to continue NYOP, you then need to check and deploy effectively the remaining free rebidding zones with the new bidding amount etc. Some of the threads in this forum illustrate the various circumstances/results.

For June 8 bidding, think that you should see some result soon.

Good Luck.

If you have no particular preference for either zone, and just want the least expensive hotel, I would try a different strategy. Something like this:

Select 4* Downtown + Granville Entertainment District...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown + Granville Entertainment District + unused rebid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

I tried the following through the PRICELINE link:

Started w/ Downtown

Bid 75, 80, 85, 90, 93, 96. All rejected so I closed the browser.

Restarted through the PRICELINE link:

Started w/ Downtown & left rebid zone

Bid 98, 101, 103, 105, 107, 109. All rejected, so I closed the browser.

I went a bit over the recommended but still without any luck. I believe I'm out of tries for24 hours.

Any recommendations on what I should do differently?

Thank you!

I waited too long to book the Sheraton and it is now up to $152!

I'm looking at other Priceline options:

One night, Tuesday 6/8

2 adults, 2 kids

$109

Downtown

Suite, fitness center, pool, restaruant, spa

I don't see a match on the hotel list. Can you help id?

Thank you

The Georgian Court has never been reported to the board thru PRICELINE... only thru HOTWIRE. It's in the Hotwire Hotel List as "Golden Tulip Georgian Court".

Please use this HOTWIRE link if you go with this offering.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I think I understand the confusion. When I first started this thread my dates were 6/6-6/8. Those dates are in the heading and do come up with some good lower priced options for 4*.

My plans changed and I can now only be in Vancouver on Tuesday 6/8. For that date, through your HOTWIRE link which I just checked, I'm only seeing what I believe is the Sheraton for $148 and a 4* for $184. That is why I took a look at the 3*'s and asked about the one you believe is the Century Plaza. I'll look at it's reviews. Not sure what to do since time is counting down and the prices have zoomed way up in the last couple of days. Thank you for your advice. I will post the result when I figure something out...

My Vancouver hotel saga finally ends...

I checked HOTWIRE this morning and the lowest 4* DT or in the Entertainment district was still $150 plus. I just checked this afternoon, through your link, and the Sheraton had dropped back down to $109. I was ready to book it and was in the process when I thought I would check PRICELINE (through your link) since hotels were now less. I was still hoping to get the Hyatt.

On my last rebid try I won. I didn't win the Hyatt but...the Sheraton after all. Price $98 plus tax.

Thank you to all for your help and recommendations of what to do. I will also update my Priceline thread!

Thanks

Thank you to all for your suggestions. Prices dropped this afternoon and I ended with the following:

1 night, Tuesday June 8, 2010

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $98.00 (USD)

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $98.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $23.69 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $121.69 (USD)

I started bidding at $76 and was rejected until $98 which was my last rebid.

Thanks again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]