Hotwire Hotel: Extra $$ for Bed Choice

lcheni
By lcheni,
in

Was conducting a HOTWIRE Search Sat early evening on : "Vancouver, Canada; 07/23/10 ~07/25/10"

This $129 4 * Downtown Vancouver West area Hotel has a Bed Choices icon heading the queue of 7 amenities:

Smoking Free; Fitness; Swimming Pool; Restaurant; Business Centre;

Internet; Tennis; Spa

Clicking the Continue button, the next page shows the choices of :

$129

$199 for 1 King Bed

$199 for 2 double Beds

Wondering whether $129 would then get 1 double bed for 2 Adults?

The 7 amenities would seem to ID this hotel to be Westin Bayshore; if is so, the hotel Web site charges

Room $CAD 278.10 + taxes/charges => CAD 323.99 /night

Is it that HOTWIRE / PRICELINE customers are normally only getting 1 double bed at this hotel? any past users feedback confirming this?

Please read your messages and click this HOTWIRE link, then reply to this thread and we'll comment on the scenario above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Done the requests (msgs, HOTWIRE link):

Offerings for the hotel of the same amenities/Bed Choice are (Sunday AM):

$126 ($3 Cheaper)

$199 King Bed

$199 2-Double Beds

==================

Best guess for this property is the Westin Bayshore, and searching the Westin website i don't see any rooms listed with just a solo double bed... choices are one King or Two Doubles. So while it's possible that the hotel has rooms with just one double bed, my guess is that they're simply charging extra to ensure a specific bed type and that if you booked for 2adults you would be assigned to a 1King/2Doubles based upon what is available at check-in.

I might have an idea to get you what you want for the lower price, or at least avoid a one double bed situation... what type of bed type/room configuration do you want for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I might have an idea to get you what you want for the lower price, or at least avoid a one double bed situation... what type of bed type/room configuration do you want for this stay?

Thanks. I would like ver much to learn your method to avoid the "one double bed" situation, even better at a lower price?

not sure what do you mean for "room configuration"?

Last week I was surprised to learn at a Lady's thread in the Priceline-San Francisco Forum, mentioning without paying for upgrading, at some SF PL hotels, that she would have to suffer sharing a DL with her starfish husband. Now I know what she meant.

Change your search to 2adults/2children and what appears to be the same hotel (based upon amenities, reviews, satisfaction dates, etc) appears for the same price as your 2adults/0children search. Since you're booking for quad occupancy (2adults/2children) you're assured of separate sleeping accommodations in the room since you're booking for four (note: the usually means two beds, but in some instances the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed, rollaway brought into the room, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]