Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTE) Helmsley New York

bleelee
By bleelee,
in

Hi,

I would like assistance in bidding for preferably 4* in MTE for 2 nights next week end (May 22,23). Last time I was successful with Hilton New York and would really like to get same hotel this time. My maximum price is $150.00 plus tax. Would consider 3.5* but would have to change location because I don't want to risk Millennium UN (too far from subway). Thanks,

Good evening. :)

The Hilton is in MTW, but in general with PRICELINE, one has to be willing to accept what hotel may show up when bidding, and there are quite a few different 4* possibilities in each of the main NYC zones at every star level. This is definitely an expensive date in NYC (the cheapest 4* on HOTWIRE is $309), so unfortunately a reasonably priced 4* may be very difficult for these dates.

Please confirm which zone(s) you're willing to accept and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi,

I would be interested in MTW, MTE, ESB (first choices); CPS, MSG (second choices). My maximum would be absolutely $160.00 for 4*, less for 3.5* or 3*.

I noticed that Priceline Pricebreaker deals has a 3* in MTE for $99.00. Which hotels could that possibily be? Is this a worthwhile choice?

Any advise is much appreciated.

The PRICELINE pricebreaker deal is not necessarily a rate available for your specific nite(s)... in fact the rate is shown even before you input any dates. :)

I would be interested in MTW, MTE, ESB (first choices); CPS, MSG (second choices). My maximum would be absolutely $160.00 for 4*, less for 3.5* or 3*.
Did you want to bid for a 4* hotel in the first three zones (MTW, MTE, ESB) up to your $160 limit, then if rejected, try for a 4* in the other zones... or is price ultimately the most important factor and you'd like to the least expensive 4* hotel in any of the zones above?

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Price is the most important factor (max $160) and would like to try for a 4* in MTW, MTE, ESB, then if rejected, MSG and CPS. I would then consider lowering hotel rating to 3.5* but change areas to MTW, ESB, MSG (too many 3.5* hotels out of the way in MTE).

Current rates for these nites are high and i think $165 may be tough at either the 4* or 3.5* levels, but we can give it a try.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB...

Select 4* MTW and MTE and ESB...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

If the above is rejected you can close the browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE, bidding as follows (there are currently no 4* hotes in the MSG zone):

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add ESB...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected we'll revise to try for a 3.5* in your other preferred zones.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Current rates for these nites are high and i think $165 may be tough at either the 4* or 3.5* levels, but we can give it a try.

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Select 4* ESB...

Select 4* MTW and MTE and ESB...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

If the above is rejected you can close the browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE, bidding as follows (there are currently no 4* hotes in the MSG zone):

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTE...

Bid $125, if rejected add MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add ESB...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected we'll revise to try for a 3.5* in your other preferred zones.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi, Thanks for your help. I had no luck at 4*, so I repeated your strategy with 3.5*, had to go up to $190 to get New York Helmsley. It was a little more than I wanted to pay, but given the sudden upswing in hotel prices for this week end (and my last minute decision to visit), it's not too bad. I almost booked the Bellclaire (2 twin, shared bath) through Hotwire for $160. Glad I didn't, this is a much better choice.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]