Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft. Lauderdale Downtown Marriott Marina

perky
By perky,
in

We need a hotel pre-cruise the end of March 2004. Have never used Priceline before but thanks to this board have figured out how to use Priceline for Canadians. Will we get a better price if we wait until the new year to try to get a hotel on Priceline or should we do it now? thanks

There is no set rule for when to bid, but it's often recommended that you begin to bid (using the low end of accepted bids) once you know your plans are final and won't be changed.

Generally speaking, timing is not a matter of paying more or less than you could have otherwise, it's more of a question of whether there is availability at all and if you'll get any hotel to accept your bid early/late.

It also varies by geographic area. There's currently no availability for a summer stay that i've been bidding on in a certain area, yet others are able to get acceptances now in other areas for mid-2004.

You may also want to read this thread if you haven't done so already: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

... and welcome to BetterBidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The advantage of using Hotwire in this instance is that you can virtually identify the property and have a better chance at receiving an all-suite hotel (like the Embassy Suites or AmeriSuites).

The problem with Priceline in this instance is that if you bid 3* you can end up with a property other than the Embassy Suites, and even if you bid 2.5* (hoping for the AmeriSuites) you could be upgraded to a 3* hotel (which as mentioned above, might not necessarily be the Embassy Suites).

I would check prices via Hotwire for your date and report back as to prices and whether the 2.5* Suite hotel and/or the 3.5* Suite hotel appear. If the price of either seems outrageous, don't fret, it's still very early and prices will likely change often between now and your required date.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for all this info. I tried on Priceline for a 3 star and I got the Marriott Marina and I am quite happy with that. It is right at the Port Everglades and we got it for $60. + taxes. The room our travel agent had gotten for us - 1 room with 4 was for $160. I will call the hotel and confirm with them in a couple of days that I need two beds and non-smoking. When it gets closer to the trip, I will either sneak them in or call as tell them I have two extra people and pay the extra $20 or $30 - whatever it is. I will let you know when I get it all finalized.

Thank you for helping me get introduced to priceline. I can even book hotels in Canada.

:) :) :o Just as a follow up......

Today I called the Marriott to confirm my reservation and to ensure that I had two beds and non-smoking and she entered all that in my reservation. I also said I may have another couple coming and could they stay in our room? She said we could have up to 5 people with no extra cost.

thanks....I am so happy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]