Priceline Hotel: Too early to bid for September?

NYCforMe
By NYCforMe,
in

I've never used Priceline to bid for a NYC hotel room; I have previously used it for a flight/hotel package only. I am interested in 2 rooms (4 people) for Wed., Sept. 13 - Sat., Sept. 17. My first choice is MTW, but I will consider UM/CPS or UWS. I would like to keep it under $150 per night. Is this reasonable? Is it too early to bid now, or should I wait until May or later? Thanks for any help for this first-timer!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's never too early to bid... as long as you do it sensibly and don't overbid.

I asusme you are looking for a 4* hotel? There are no 4 star properties in the UWS area, so that rules out that zone. Are you intentionally leaving out the MTE zone?

Lastly, since you were thinking about the UWS, are you familiar with RE-BIDDING? (if not, please read the previous thread and ask any questions that you may have)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think that $150 will be enough based upon current availability.

If you want to give it a try, this is how i would proceed:

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW and re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, , if rejcted add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW and re-bid zone2..

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Keep us updated as to your success/failure.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

All bids rejected following the above suggestions. It's still early, so I'll try again in a week or 2. I really don't want to go any higher because I can get the Belvedere for about the same price. Even though it's a 2.5*, I've stayed there before and it's a great hotel. A 4* would be nice, but I'd be happy at the Belvedere if it doesn't happen.

The dates of our trip changed, so I tried bidding strategy again, all bids rejected. After a lot of searching, I found a great deal on a 1-bedroom suite that would fit all 4 of us at the Affinia 50. It is midtown east, which is a new area for us, but I'm anxious to stay there as the reviews are excellent. Thanks for all your help, and I certainly will try Priceline(and betterbidding) again for future travels.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]