By thecloudskb,
in

New to both HOTWIRE and PRICELINE.

4* Museum Campus - McCormick Place - Soldier Field area Hotel

3 rooms / 6 adults + 2 kids

5/28/10 - 5/31/10

Hotwire shows $79 per night

fitness center, pool, restaurants, business center, high speed internet

Any ideas on if this would be Hilton or McCormick Hyatt? Would either be OK for family with kids 5 & 8, mainly visiting museums/aquarium?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This could be a possible match for either the Hyatt or Hilton, although I would lean towards it being the Hyatt. If this is the Hyatt, it is a fair distance South of the city, past the Museum Campus. It's across from McCormick Convention Center, but there's really not much else at all around the hotel. In comparison to other options for these days - which are quite a bit more expensive - this is a terrific price, but for getting around from the Hyatt, it definitely would require using cabs, the nearby Metra train or the Hyatt shuttle, as nothing is really easily walkable from the hotel - the Museum Campus is a mile and a half North, but if one were to try to walk to it from the Hyatt, I'd walk East to the lakefront first, then walk North.

You could use PRICELINE and possibly get a more centrally located hotel for the same/similar price, but more than one bed would not be guaranteed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the information. After studying the McCormick Hyatt, we kind of already decided that would not be the most desireable location. I also had started looking at PRICELINE, and actually made some bids last night (using the link from betterbidding) for a 4* in the "Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park" Area, thinking this would eliminate the McCormick Hyatt. So far those bids ($75) have been declined. Plan to try again tonight.

I was concerned about the more than one bed issue. Is this a huge concern? Or do we have a decent chance of calling the hotel with the request after winning a bid? Seems like more than one bed would be a concern for HOTWIRE as well as PRICELINE?

Again, thanks for all the help. Awesome forum!

With PRICELINE, the service only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed. One can request two beds with the hotel, but the hotel could say no or require an "upgrade fee". The chances may be even less if it is a busy set of dates like this particular holiday period. With HOTWIRE, you are guaranteed some form of bedding based upon the amount of people indicated (if you were to indicate 6/2, then my guess is that you would get 2 rooms w/1 bed and one w/more than one.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success!

Outstanding deal and a FAR better location than the Hyatt McCormick (plus free breakfast/evening reception.) There's also a Dominicks Grocery across the street - cheaper snacks and you can take groceries back to the kitchenette in the room.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this HOTWIRE listing? Thank you.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]