Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Airport East YYZ) Sheraton Airport Conference Center

liquiddemons
By liquiddemons,
in

I had tried for the past couple of days to secure a hotel on PRICELINE (using your link, of course). My strategy was to start at $60 and inch up $2 at a time with the numerous re-bid zones available for 4 star hotels in downtown Toronto. I finally hit today at $74 (+28.58 taxes and fees). Sheraton Centre ... again. It would be nice for some variety (there are plenty of other 4 stars in Toronto, no?) but I really do enjoy it at the Sheraton Centre. I'm quite happy with the price seeing as it's the weekend of nxne in Toronto. The same dates were going for $100+ on HOTWIRE and $175 on the Sheraton Centre's site. So once again I thank all that do contribute to the board.

• 3 weeks later...

Darn! I just had another look at my priceline reservation and I did not win the Sheraton Centre in downtown Toronto but rather the Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre on 801 Dixon Road in Etobicoke. I must have goofed up with my re-bid regions or something. Bummer. And certainly not that great a deal. Is there any way to view where I went wrong?

If you don't think you added this zone you can contact PRICELINE and see if they can send you a screenshot of the zones you selected.

HOWEVEVER, there is some 'controversy' surroudning this property, as PRICELINE currently lists it in the Airport West zone, but in reality is located in the Airport East zone... perhaps if you can find out which zones you did actually bid, if you didn't include the Airport East zone, but did include the Airport East zone, you might be able to argue that the hotel is not located in the Airport West zone that you selected. See this Priceline Toronto Airport thread for more info on the zone situation.

Good luck and if you pursue this let us know if you make any progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the suggestion, thereuare. I figure it was me that made the error. I don't think I'll take it any further as I can readily just adapt my stay in Toronto around this airport hotel. And of course I'll certainly be more careful next time in adding rebid zones ... and immediately verify the hotel that I won as well. No biggie ... we all make mistakes.

I believe the controversy is actually about the Sheraton Gateway, located beside Terminal 3 in the airport itself and is on the East side of the airport property. The location is clearly shown on the PRICELINE map as being in the Airport East zone, even though it has been won as an Airport West property. The Sheraton Airport Conference Centre on Dixon Road is definitely in the Airport East zone and I'm pretty sure has always been won as an Airport East property, so I don't think liquiddemons has a case to argue. :)

That being said, it is a much nicer hotel overall, and a better location, than the Sheraton Gateway (unless you happen to be using it as an overnight stay for an early morning flight out of Terminal 3). It's also an easy drive downtown, being located right across from an on-ramp to southbound Hwy. 27, which turns into Hwy.427, down to the Gardiner Expressway. See you at the Stooges free show!!

Thank you, robteb. I'm still kicking myself for goofin' up like that but one must make the best of it! I'm happy to hear that in your opinion the Sheraton Airport Conference Centre is a nicer hotel with easy access to the highway and downtown. It would have been great to be downtown with all the music going on but I will have a car so I'll just have to watch my alcohol intake for the drive back to the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]