Priceline Hotel: NYC on May 20th - 25th

Mochanita
By Mochanita,
in

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but i need urgent help on finding a place to stay in NYC during May 20th-25th, since i'll be traveling by myself, i think it'd be easier if it's somewhere on the area where access to the city or downtown is safe and convenient.

The max bid that i'm prepared to make is around $150 per nite .. for 3*?

any ideas, suggestions, tips or maybe advises?

thanks a lot!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'd start with this thread: Hotels Near Times Square. After reading that, let us know if Times Square is the only zone you're willing to accept or if other nearby midtown zones are acceptable... we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks a lot! i've read the suggestions that u've given. I think, you're very right. Probably what suits me more would be the area of Midtown-East. Since this is my 1st time to NYC, i'm not pretty aware of the Life in each of the area, but your description about Midtown-East sounds good. So, any tips or help on finding a good 3* and affordable place to stay in?

One "issue" you need to be aware of when bidding less than 4* in MTE zone is that this zone contains the Millenium UN, which while a well reviewed property is about a 15 minute walk to the subway... for some this is acceptable, for others it's too far, but if you're going to bid this zone you need to be willing to accept this as a possibility.

Would a 15 minute walk to the subway be an acceptable outcome?

My thoughts on zones at the 3* and under level... the CPS zone contains the Hudson hotel which has notoriously small rooms; again, fine for some but not fine for others. Other zones generally considered centrally located: Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTW, and TS... MTE and CPS should/shouldn't be added based upon the info above.

Ultimately it's your stay so you need to be happy with the area(s) you choose, but the above is a good start, and given that i think your budget may be a bit low for these dates, you should try to include as many zones as you would be happy with to increase the chances of a hotel accepting your bid (including more zones gives more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]