Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken-Jersey City) Westin Jersey City

arnovdb
By arnovdb,
in

Hi

The last weeks I don't see a lot of 4* wins for the Jersey City area.

My favourite hotel is the Westin (because of the apple smell and the Newport Centre Mall right next door).

On Hotwire the price is between 149 and 153 USD (2 adults / 1 child) using your PRICELINE link.

A little bit high in my opinion.

Could you advice me what is the best strategy for getting the Westin on Priceline and what will be my starting bid?

I know that I can also get the Hyatt or the W but we prefer the Westin.

Last year our winning bid in July was 85 USD for winning the Westin.

Thanks

Arno

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Jersey City...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here an update using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Started bidding at 90 and ended bidding at 115 USD.

All the biddings are rejected.

The current HOTWIRE price is 152 USD.

I think about switching to HOTWIRE because of the smaller price difference (120 versus 152 USD) and the fact we prefer the Westin.

Do you know why there are so few 4*wins in Jersey City the last month? Formerly once a week I saw a 4* win

Thank you

I don't think we've seen that many people bid the Jersey City area, perhaps because during the winter months NYC is relatively inexpensive, and the savings offered by staying in Jersey City aren't great enough to make it worthwhile. It's one thing if we had seen a lot of bidding in this area and the bids were getting rejected, but i just don't think we've seen that many look in this direction.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide for your own stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tonight I have tried again until 124 USD without success for the 4* Jersey City.

What do you think about the 3* Jersey city hotels?

Are this the Doubletree and the Courtyard?

What do you advice as starting bid?

I can remember from my stay in the Westin last year that I have a view on the Doubletree.

Thank you!

From a location point of view both the Courtyard and Doubletree are fine, however, they are both lesser quality hotels than the 4* properties in this area, imo.

The Courtyard is seen very rarely and the Doubletree hadn't been seen in awhile, although has recently started to appear in again this month. With no re-bid zones i would start at $75 and increase $5 every 24 hours. (although i would also be inclined to wait it out a bit and continue to try for a 4* in this zone)... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Good luck and let us know how it goes... keep us updated.

After reading your option to split the bidding, I have booked via Hotwire for the period July 15 until July 18

and get the Westin for an acceptable rate.

123,00 USD per night

2 adults - 1 children

Amenities

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Pools

Restaurants

Business center

High speed internet access

Now try to find a room for arriving July 14.

The hotwire rate for this day is about 250 USD!!!!!

@thereuare: Thank you for the assistance. Do you have any other advices for the July 14 night?

Could you tell me something about the Liberty State Park? Departure of boattrips? and is it easy to reach by public transport?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]