Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Marriott Waikiki Beach and Spa

AlexaNW
By AlexaNW,
in

Looking at the other winning bids I tried a low bid for 4* Marina area up to $82 the other day (last bid included Marina Beach), but didn't get anything. Of course I used your PRICELINE link!!

Since it's getting a little close (leaving tomorrow), I figured I'd go with a "safe" bid of $89 and Resort in Waikiki Beach since several people got the Hyatt for that time range.

I got the Marriott Beach at that price.

Since it's my first trip to Oahu I decided to only do the first two days for now (I am going to a workshop in the Ala Moana neighborhood for the weekend, so Marina area may be better for that part).

PRICELINE offered the opportunity to extend the stay, but I really want to check out the place and the whole setup of Honolulu/Waikiki first before deciding. If I really love the Marriott and don't end up caring about the longer trip to the workshop, is there a way to extend with PRICELINE once you are there? Or would you approach the hotel directly and ask them if they want to extend (to lower the chances of having to move hotels etc.)?

Since I don't have a lot of time at all to myself before the workshop, I figured I'd take one of the Grand Island Tours on Thursday to see as much as possible without having to rent a car. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I just found their policy on that in the email...it looks like I'd be able to extend through priceline for 2 days but not for 3 days (leaving on the 17th), so I guess my question changes to "how successful have people been dealing with the hotel directly to get additional nights at priceline prices"?

I have never tried to extend via asking the hotel, so I can't really speak to that. I doubt they would do it, but I don't know. I always just resubmit through Priceline.

Just a fyi, the Marriott is close to the opposite edge of Waikiki from the Ala Moana area. It is a very nice hotel, and I would recommend it. For someone walking around Waikiki, it is close to the zoo, Waikiki Aquarium. I think for someone new to Waikiki, staying at a hotel in that area is a little better than staying by the marina, since you are closer to the nightlife/street performers on Waikiki. Of course, you can walk from the marina area to the Marriott in about 30 minutes (easy walk), so it isn't as if you have to drive anywhere. Also, you can take a trolley for $1 (pickups right outside the Marriott) and ride it to the Ala Moana area/shopping center).

Personally, I would rebid when you get there and hope for a couple of days at the Sheraton. It is right on the beach, and is also a nice hotel.

Congratulations on your success!

In all likelihood the hotel will not be willing to extend your stay at the PRICELINE rate. Also, keep in mind that while PRICELINE offered the "extend your stay" option, it's not guaranteed that you will be able to do so (after all, PRICELINE doesn't know how many nites you would want to add and if you'd be looking to add them at the beginning or end of your stay) Given the current hotel market users have been more successful adding nites than not, but don't want you to think of it as a "sure thing" and your only option.

In the Marina area the 4* Hawaiian Prince comes up often. We were there a few years back and enjoyed our stay... it's a bit "out of the way" from Waikiki Beach (as pointed out above, a 20+ minute walk or so, although the hotel runs scheduled shuttle service to the 'downtown waikiki beach' area) but may be convenient for workshop.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Once you get settled, if you need help bidding for the remaining 3 nites feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]