Priceline Hotel: First time user...trying for Downtown Chicago

brotherwo
By brotherwo,
in

Hello, this is my first time using this website and I would love some assistance.

I know I want to stay downtown so I figured Id do 4 star, in the North Michigan Ave and Millennium Park areas. I was going to start at $60 and go up by $5.

Is this a good strategy? Do you recommend Priceline or Hotwire for that area?

Thanks!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please provide your desired max budget per night and we would be happy to offer suggestions on how to proceed. $60 may be a little too low for the River North/NMA area for these dates (although it's worth trying), but $60 may get a bite for a 4* in the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Are you familiar and using your re-bid zones? If not, see this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones (strongly recommended) with the board before proceeding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't believe that you will get a 4* hotel in that area during summer for $65.00 per night but you can try. You might get a 3 or 3 1/2* hotel for that.

We got a 4* hotel from priceline in the Magnificent mile area for $100 night for mid June and I don't know how much lower you'll be able to go. . Bear in mind that the summer rates for 4* hotels in downtown Chicago can run $250-$300 per night! Its peak season and rates are also at their peak.

PRICELINE usually offers the better buys as they accept varying bids depending on their occupancy. Hit em when occupancy is heavy and the price is high. Hit em in Winter when occupancy is low and the prices are low. Its hit and miss. Good luck using the links on the home page and you can bid as many times as you wish on any day.

• 1 year later...

...it was two years ago, I cant remember

Which is why we ask that you share your wins with the board as you receive them ;)

Any chance this win is still listed in your priceline account, which you can view by going to PRICELINE and clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY TRIPS link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4518usa,

Please read your.messaages and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

what hotel did you get for $100 in june.

We got a 4* hotel from priceline...

Click the link in dahl's post and you'll be taken to his/her win where you can see the hotel received ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]