Hotwire Hotel: 3* Asheville (Central) Crowne Plaza

leopardprint
By leopardprint,
in

My friend just booked a hotel for she and I, and *possibly* 1-2 other friends. Since we were unsure, she went with HOTWIRE instead of PRICELINE, and requested quad occupancy so we would be assured of having two beds in case the extra people stay.

The hotel she won was the Crowne Plaza in Asheville, NC, for $59 (one night). This hotel is reviewed here: Asheville Crowne Plaza Review

I just went to the hotel's website to compare our price with the rack rate, and noticed that there's a $12 fee per person, starting with the 3rd person. So this may add as much as $24, even if our other friends don't come, since we booked for 4 people? Or are we exempt from this fee, since the HOTWIRE total price should have been for four adults? I would not have booked the room at the rate of $83, which is what we may end up having to pay.

(I did search the board for this before posting, and read a few threads, but couldn't really find a concrete yes or no answer. Does this policy vary by hotel? My only other similar experience was when I DID have to pay a $10 resort fee when I booked a hotel through PRICELINE, but I wasn't in the mood to fight it that time.)

The amount you paid is for the number of guests you included in your search, so if you searched for quad occupancy there should be no additional charge for the 3rd or 4th guests in the room.

Can you please add your fried to look up the amenities and report them here... these are still viewable by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. (please also ask her to stop by the board and use the links here for her future PRICELINE and HOTWIRE purchases)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]