Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) Hyatt Regency

suscrowe
By suscrowe,
in

My husband and I are traveling to Chicago for vacation next month. We need help bidding for a hotel for Tuesday, June 8 through Saturday, June 12. We have never been to Chicago so we are not sure which area in Chicago to bid for. We do not plan to rent a car so our hotel would need to be near public transportation.

Good afternoon. :)

Please provide the dates of travel for the stay in this prior Hotwire Maryland thread.

The Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area and River North-NMA areas are the two main areas of downtown. The MP-Loop-Grant Park area is closer to museums and has some shopping on State St, but this area is also quiet - or very quiet - at night, especially further away from the river (such as the West and South parts of the zone.) The River North/NMA zone is much more lively at night and has a wider variety of restaurants, as well as Michigan Ave. shopping. However, it is further away from the main museums.

Please provide your desired budget per night/star rating per night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the great information so far! We would like to stay in a 4* hotel with a budget of less than $75 per night if possible but we could go higher. I forgot to mention ealier that we have tickets to a White Sox game on 6/8 and a Cubs game on 6/11. Not sure if that makes a difference where we stay since everything is accessible from the El system. Also we will be flying in and out of Midway Airport.

Is your desired budget $75 all-in (taxes/fees included) or $75 + taxes/fees? I'd try $59 for a 4* in the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area and see if that is accepted.

One can take the Red Line subway to both Cubs and Sox games (in fact, that would be the only way I would recommend going.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

After thinking about what you said about the nightlife in the River North-NMA area, we are thinking about maybe bidding for that area instead of the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area. I know it is more expensive, but I think we will enjoy it better. If you were bidding for 4* hotel for June 8-12 in the River North-NMA, what would you start out the bid at?

Thanks again for all of your help!

I would suggest a starting bid of $80 per night for a 4* in the River North-NMA area for these dates.

There is a 4* on HOTWIRE for these dates in the Mag Mile-Streeterville area w/fitness, restaurant, business, internet, spa for $73; that is likely the Hyatt. That hotel falls within the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park zone, but is the closest hotel in that zone to Michigan Ave - the hotel is right on the river, and Michigan Ave. shopping starts right across the nearby bridge. You could try lowballing a bid in the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area for these dates in an attempt to get the Hyatt, but there is the chance you may get something else further South.

So, the Hyatt would be an option via HOTWIRE - that hotel is very close to Michigan Ave. shopping - or you could try bidding for a 4* hotel in the River North/NMA area, starting at $80.

Please post if you have any questions regarding the city or hotels.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the suggestions! You have been a lot of help. I have one more question. I noticed on the Hotwire Forum that several people got $89 for the Embassy Suites (3*) in the Mag Mile-Streeterville area. What do you think about that hotel? I have stayed at Embassy Suites before and have really liked them. It seems like a remember you get free breakfast for staying there. How about the location of the hotel--is it comparable to Priceline's River North-NMA area or more like the Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park zone? Having never been to Chicago, I still not too sure where everything is located other than seeing it on a map.

The Embassy Suites (there are two, although the Lakefront appears more frequently than the other location) would fall within the equivalent of the River North-NMA area, although unfortunately, it does not appear to be showing for these dates.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not believe that less than $75 for a four star hotel in downtown Chicoago during those June dates is achievebale but give it a try. Look on the calenderofwins and see what people are winning for their bids. My guess is that even lowball bids are getting people in the $80-$120 per night range for a 4* hotel. I'll guess that $80 on PRICELINE might get you something. If no success try a 3.5* as most of those are pretty decent.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]