FL Orlando Hilton Bonnet Creek Lake Buena Vista Downtown Disney

Travlin1
By Travlin1,
in

The Hilton Bonnet Creek is a large new (6 months old) property just on the outskirts of Walt Disney World. It is part of a new and uncompleted area of high-end resort hotels. It is adjacent to its sister hotel, the Waldorf Astoria. Guests of either hotel may use the facilities of both. This Hilton should not be confused with a nearby Hilton in Lake Buena Vista. The LBV Hilton, while nice and well-maintained, does not have the pizzazz or glitter of this new hotel.

The Hilton Bonnet Creek is an elegant, exquisitely decorated hotel, with a show-stopping pool area, yet current rates are just below $100. I don't know if those are temporary rates because of the economy or are designed to attract business to an area that still has hotels under construction. Either way, the rates were enough of a bargain that I didn't use Priceline or Hotwire (sorry, guys, still love ya) because I wanted to be sure to get this particular hotel. My guess is that the rates will soar once the Bonnet Creek construction is completed. The construction is only visible on the drive in, and you won't hear it at the Hilton. By comparison, the best rates I could find (and I'm a good bargain-hunter) at a higher-end on-Disney-property hotel - even at the faded Contemporary hotel - were twice that.

Downsides: You pay a daily parking fee ($13 per day for self-parking in an attached garage or $20 per day for valet parking). The meals in the several restaurants and bars are expensive, and there are no convenient ways to obtain less expensive family fare without venturing out into traffic. No in-room refrigerator. Not directly on Disney property so requires about a 15 minute drive. Although it's very close to Disney, we regularly got lost and wasted valuable time. The Hilton could be a little "grown-up" and dull for the kids if they are not into swimming in the pool. The kids won't have the non-stop Disney magic they would get on a Disney property, but that is a welcome respite for the parents.

Upsides: No daily resort fee. Frequent and easy bus transport to and from all the Disney parks. Remarkable pool area that meanders around the property. Pool area has a large screen on which to show family movies at night and has a snack bar, hot tub, complimentary towels at poolside, and expansive decking with comfortable deck chairs. Gorgeous, modern, elegant decor. Comfortable beds with expensive and soft Pacific Coast linens. Free in-room safe that will accommodate a laptop. Excellent service by staff. Lovely, sizeable, and comfortable rooms. This hotel appears be as close to Disney as the hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area but with much less traffic and hubbub than LBV.

I considered this hotel a find and would absolutely return for a second stay. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]