Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken-Jersey City) Westin Jersey City

kep2010
By kep2010,
in

Well, I'm pretty peeved. I searched for 4* properties in Hoboken---selected the entry that led w/ the destination "Hoboken", 4*-- ended up at the Westin in Jersey City.

This is dangerously close to misrepresentation in my book (like last summer when I booked a Hotwire 4* property, only to get one that most other sites considered a 3*.)

Am pretty sick of this nonsense. Would have paid more to stay in the city I searched and selected. Have never had this problem with Priceline. :)

Hotwire and Priceline both use bidding zones. The name used to identify the zone, which frequently is a city, an area or a portion of a city, an airport area, etc., does not necessarily mean the hotel you win will be located exactly in the name of zone. You have to look at the maps Priceline or Hotwire provide for that zone as your hotel can be located anywhere within the confines of that zone. Sometimes, such as your case, there can be multiple towns within one bidding zone.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The name of the zone that HOTWIRE uses for this area is "Hoboken - Jersey City area" so i don't see why you would have thought that the hotel would only be in Hoboken. Regardless, the comments above are sound advice for any future purchases... the name of the zone is simply a general description of the area, the "law of the land" is the zone boundaries on the map, and you can only really have a complaint if you receive a hotel outside of the shaded boundaries of the zone.

Thank you for sharing your results/experience with the board.

It would be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]