Priceline-You bid..you win...you do not complain!

shopout
By shopout,
in

If you've had a problem in the past please discuss the issue with us... posting that "there is no support if something goes wrong" is not really very helpful without posting of a specific problem that you had.

Additionally, if you have bid on priceline in the past, please share some of your winning bids with the board. Perhaps your problem was at a property that is already 'known' to us as not treating priceline customers well, but given that you have not reported any of your winning bids to the board, we have no way of knowing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for responding.

I had hoped that "caveat emptor" would speak for itself, because that is the best tip that I can give to anybody using Priceline.

Do I have the right to complain about the Hyatt in Schaumburg, Illinois?

After all, what should I expect for $25.00 per night, yah?

• 3 months later...

We definitely agree. Buyer beware. We were totally burned by Priceline. Until now, we have been extremely satisfied users. We have frequently recommended it to friends and family. No more.

We have complained to technical support, and it was escalated to the VP level and we still got the same answer. Our system could not have made a mistake.

We agreed to one price that stated "rental included." After agreeing to that price, we were automatically charged a price $208 above the price we had just agreed to. We called immediately to ask for assistance. We got a "it must suck to be you" message. All along it was denied that this could have occurred. All along we were told we signed a contract for an amount we were NEVER shown.

All in all, we got at least three different prices during the process. The final one we were stuck with was never shown to us before we agreed to it. It was published after "the point of no return." It is no cheaper than just purchasing the airline & rental car on our own. We are both web-savvy. We are both experienced users of Priceline.

I cannot express just how dissatisfied and disappointed we are that there is absolutely no recourse for these types of errors.

I'm not sure how to do that.

If I feel that Priceline makes an honest effort to come to an agreement with me, I promise to post an update here. It was obviously a transaction problem with their website. I would like to believe they are a good company with which to do business. At this point, they refuse to do so.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]