Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Copenhagen 4*

beauty1
By beauty1,
in

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to ID this 4* hotel in Copenhagen for 8/10-8/13. It's listed amenities are Restaurant, Business Center, and High-speed Internet. The Hotwire price is $129 per night. (Interestingly there is a 2.5* listed for $165 with Restaurant and Internet).

I've looked on this site but it doesn't seem that anyone's booked Copenhagen recently. There were only 2 listings on Hotwire today...seems CPH is an expensive place!

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe this is a fairly new area for HOTWIRE and we don't yet have any reported hotels in this zone. Unfortunately these amenities are common at most 4* hotels so i don't think we'll be able to gain much insight into this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can probably do better than Priceline for Copenhagen as you are planning so far in advance. Most of the Scandinavian chains have PRE-PAID offers on right now where you can lock in great rates. No Refunds though.

www.firsthotels.com lets you prepay and get a 5 star for around $120 to 140 or 4* for around $97 to $106 all inclusive.

Remember that rates you see on Scandinavian sites always include all taxes and almost always the full buffet breakfast. These buffets are, of course, quite developed in Scandinavia and can cost $20 to $50 per person alone.

First is one of my favorite Scandinavian chains. The Kong Fredrik is opening this week after a total renovation and is a great deal for $140 a night. or the 5 star skt. Petri for just $106 to $123 all inclusive.

While their offer says pay one get one free or pay 2 get 2 free, it really gives the same rate for all stays over 2 nights.

Just a note. When checking www.scandichotels.com for your dates they had a great offer, but all of their city hotels were sold out for your dates already. Do not know why.

Scandinavia is a special market. Rates at hotels actually go down in the busy summer tourist months as normal pricing is focused on the business market.

You get the best deals by booking prior to May 30 th normally. These multiple night deals are quite common on the hotels own websites.

Madflyer: many thanks for your suggestions. The rates at Skt. Petri looks great with A/C!!! Have asked if they can guarantee a non-smoking room and if they can, they will have very happy guests in us!

Apparently the second week in August is Fashion Week so hotels are booking up.

Again, may thanks for your help and we'll keep you informed.

Best, beauty1

I will indeed book through this site's link....I've received alot of help here, thank you all very much.

I emailed the SKT Petri last night but they have not sent a reply.

I surely would like to know if the Marriott is still offered on PL but no one seems to have won it lately so am thinking it's off. I'll continue to monitor wins.

As it is a 5 star hotel and that they state that they have non-smoking rooms and that they even restrict smoking to a lobby smoking room, you should not have any problem. Just put Non-smoking, allergy in Comment.

Smoking rates have dropped substancially in Scandinavia, but Denmark has moved more slowly and still has smoking rates about 10% more than in the USA while the other countries smoke half the rate of the USA now.

I do not think they have a First Hotels link here. The Marriott still hits, but when you add in the over $30 taxes and fees per night it still comes in quite high for a total. It does not hit so much on week nights and you are staying a Tuesday thru Friday. I do not think they give breakfast to Priceline wins, but have heard mixed info. I really do not like the location of the Marriott. Marriott just had a buy 2 get one free offer with Visa, but gone now I think.

Hi there MadFlyer. I still haven't heard from Skt Petris. Maybe their reservation department is closed over the weekend? The other consideration is that we would like to have a room that is does not have the risk of noise from the Lobby Bar which can get a bit disturbing to guests in those rooms that face the interior. So if we put that request and the need for a non-smoking room in the comment section of the reservation, it sounds like we have a good chance to have our request honored......?

We found that we couldn't link to FirstHotels.com through this website as you've noted. Sorry that we can't because we appreciate the folks at this website and would like to contribute. We're not interested in the Marriott anymore and are instead pretty much committed to the SKT Petris...just wish they'd answer our email so we can take advantage of their great offer and get this reservation for CPH off our "to-do" list.

Again, thanks for the information!

Well, I was only suggesting this hotel as a great 'deal'. I always look for value in Copenhagen as... while service is correct and efficient and the hotels are nicely designed, it is not at the level you might expect at a 5 star hotel internationally. If expectations are too high in Copenhagen one is likely to be disappointed.

Hotels do not like to 'guarantee' special requests unless they have a special room type and rate to meet those requests and can actually guarantee them, otherwise some guests will not be 100% satisfied.

While most guests always get what they want, there will always be those nights where requests outnumber availability of rooms that meet those requests. I can only imagine that fashion week is a nightmare as far as special requests.

Almost everyone that does not smoke and even many smokers today put non-smoking room as a request, I always suggest for those that actually require it that they put 'allergy'.

Guests worldwide that choose design hotels should expect some night club activitiy in the early evenings as that is normal, and this hotel normally has it only on the weekends, but with that being fashion week and summer you might see some activity. It is primarilly a hotel so they must have plenty of quiet rooms.

Most hotels have a 3 business day for reply rule and Friday and Saturday were public holidays. I hope you get a positive response.

We have our expectations in check so no worries about overly high expectations, though thank you for your caution. Also understand about guarantees but it would be good to for us to have them noted as we will do on the reservation comment section. Also understand about night club activity but the comments on some travel sites about the level of noise throughout the night isn't something we'd appreciate. We'll let you know how we go. Will re-send our email today. Again, thanks for taking time to respond to our questions.....you've been a great help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]